Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Solo Event #1 of the Spring Series, Sunday January 20th at AMP
SMeyers
post Jan 15 2019, 05:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Steering Committee
Member No.: 4

This will be the first local Solo Event of the 2019 Season. Click HERE for all event details.

Santa may have brought you some "neat stuff" for your ride, or you may need something else to do besides watch sports on TV. In any case, consider yourself invited to this coming weekends "season opener" at Arizona Motorsports Park. If you have a safe (and reasonably quiet) car, we have a Class for you. We also have loaner helmets, real bathrooms, ample parking, and lots of experienced help for those newer to this sport.

While Membership is required, if you are not (yet) a full member, we offer "Weekend Temporary Memberships" still on paper forms at the track site. Soon, SCCA will be moving to an easier to use online system, once they figure out how to do that. tongue.gif The Temp Membership does cost an extra $10.

So go to "Mind The Cones" to register (HERE), establish an account, enter the necessary information, and pre-enter. Avoid a line at the event site on the day of. cool.gif If any part of that process is unclear, ask here for help (post your questions).

So, give us a try. There is no safer way to play with your car, and become a better driver, all at the same time.

Again, any questions about any of this, post your questions here. You will get an answer.

(Still a little nervous? Come on out and watch for free.)

Hope to see you there. popcorn.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S .......(Really just a Miata with four doors and a trunk......and +500#)
Education is important. Race Cars are importanter
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jan 17 2019, 06:01 PM
Post #2

Be aware of any road construction, depending on where you come from or return to....

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S .......(Really just a Miata with four doors and a trunk......and +500#)

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jan 18 2019, 02:28 PM
Post #3

So, are you all ready for the first event? This Sunday?

Registration is now closed, but you can still Register onsite if you forgot. Costs more. huh.gif

Hopefully you paid by PayPal, or if not, you can still pay onsite. One more line. dry.gif

Are you going to "Yearly Tech" your car? Must be a full-time SCCA Member to do so. This is where your car is Teched once, and registered, and then you can skip that line for the rest of the year. Yet another good reason to become a full-time member. Below is the link to the necessary form and details on how to accomplish that.

YEARLY TECH - CLICK HERE

Finally, we hope you have declared your correct Class, and decided what scoring Group you want to run with. Like G Street Class, PAX1. Or perhaps Street Touring Class, Open. Like that.

Any questions, ask here.

Otherwise, see y'all Sunday at AMP. cool.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
bullard2788
post Jan 24 2019, 04:55 PM
Post #4

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 217299

Hello,

I sent one paypal payment of $80 for this event to cover myself and my wife for the solo and timed only runs. Laura wasn't able to get her timed only runs but we where told we could look crediting the $15 to next months event? Is this possible?

Thanks for any help wink.gif

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jan 25 2019, 07:47 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (bullard2788 @ Jan 24 2019, 04:55 PM) *
I sent one paypal payment of $80 for this event to cover myself and my wife for the solo and timed only runs. Laura wasn't able to get her timed only runs but we where told we could look crediting the $15 to next months event? Is this possible?

Well, I waited to give others a chance to respond, so here goes.

I'm not the Treasurer or Registrar, but I believe what the protocol here is in your entry to the next event, in the comments box, clearly put down that you have that credit coming. If you pay with PayPal, send in a corrected amount, but also with a note to that effect in that comments area. If you pay in person (boo, hiss), tell the folks at the table.

You could try sending an email to the Registrar's mailbox, but unless it's been emptied recently, it was full.

That's what I think would work. Derek or Josh, please correct me if I'm wrong. cool.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2019 - 06:16 PM