IPB     IPB     IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )
Azsolo.com · Results · Registration

Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tanaka Lap & Shoulder Belt Set, Free to Good Home!
DaveM
post Jan 13 2018, 09:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 112

Attached Image

This Tanaka Harness is a 2 inch wide set comprised of a lap belt with double shoulder belts. As it is only 2 inches wide, these belts are not FIA or SFI legal!

I got these belts with the intention of only using the lap belt in autocross events. Most stock seat belts have inertia reels which donít ďlock-upĒ and hold the driver in place very well when driving with gusto! (Not until you decelerate at a rapid rate anyway!) So adding the lap belt seemed a simple way to supplement the stock seat belts and more firmly plant butt-in-seat while still allowing a certain amount of upper body movement Ö and the price was so low it was cheaper to buy this set than just a stock type lap belt.

Anyway, plans change and while I did install the lap set in my car for a day or two, I then decided that my autocrossing days were over and removed them. They are now free if anyone wants them, they are nicely made and have the nice camlock, not latch and link, buckle.

Important Note: I must point out that unless you have a roll bar installed in your car, you should not use the shoulder belts. Harness set-ups hold the upper body near vertical and if you did roll the car (unlikely in an autocross I know) the roof could be forced down on your head. Stock belts with the single shoulder strap allow for you to move sideways avoiding neck/spine compression injuries that could be devastating.

Iím in Gilbert and retired from the daily grind so you can pick up any day, PM me for my address.

--------------------
Dave Maxfield
Immanagh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2018 - 02:54 AM