Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thanks for the positive feedback!, "Barrel Rider" was enjoyed by many
ChuckN3
post Aug 26 2019, 09:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 230969

I deeply appreciate the positive feedback I received for Sunday's course. I owe Rob Rockefeller a ton of thanks for "mentoring" me. My philosophy is never stop learning. I also want to thank Dave Rock and Doug Rowse for their course designs AZBR has stored in the online archives. The archive has proven to be a great source of inspiration! Please feel free to post any thoughts or constructive criticisms here. As Roger Johnson (the guy who "wrote the book" on course design) says, "place challenge in the design without making it painful". Some are challenged by slaloms, some by sweeping turns, some by decreasing radius turns (raises hand). Let me know what you love and, um, don't love so much.

--------------------
Charles (Chuck) Nienhouse
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nokones
post Aug 27 2019, 05:50 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 194203

So far, I have attended three events at Marana and I have had fun at those events. So far, the courses are flowing and designed with all cars in mind. Its worth the 2 1/2 hour drive for me from Sun City West.

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S

+Quote Post
Scott Urich
post Aug 27 2019, 08:54 AM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 189839

QUOTE (ChuckN3 @ Aug 26 2019, 10:37 PM) *
I deeply appreciate the positive feedback I received for Sunday's course. I owe Rob Rockefeller a ton of thanks for "mentoring" me. My philosophy is never stop learning. I also want to thank Dave Rock and Doug Rowse for their course designs AZBR has stored in the online archives. The archive has proven to be a great source of inspiration! Please feel free to post any thoughts or constructive criticisms here. As Roger Johnson (the guy who "wrote the book" on course design) says, "place challenge in the design without making it painful". Some are challenged by slaloms, some by sweeping turns, some by decreasing radius turns (raises hand). Let me know what you love and, um, don't love so much.

Chuck course design was great, even with Plane hiccup the course had great aspects that played to all different cars. Last months was just as great too. Keep up the great work.....Itís worth driving down from Phoenix when you have a fun course!!!

--------------------
Scott U
Grocery Street VW Grand Tourer Injection

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Aug 27 2019, 04:00 PM
Post #4

Group: Steering Committee
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Scott Urich @ Aug 27 2019, 08:54 AM) *
Chuck course design was great, even with Plane hiccup the course had great aspects that played to all different cars. Last months was just as great too. Keep up the great work.....Itís worth driving down from Phoenix when you have a fun course!!!

A really big "PLUS ONE" for what this Scott stated. Especially the part about "Worth the drive". Tucson events overall are in fact, "Worth the drive". Having a balanced, challenging, and fun course just adds to the great experience.

I particularly noticed this excerpt from your statement above......
"place challenge in the design without making it painful".
You seem to have a natural knack for this. Your starts especially, are meeting the criteria for "not a straight line/drag race start" without the "painful" 90 degree or at times even more angles suffered in some prior designs. The start could even be an immediate box, slalom, or sweeper, and still meet that criteria. I appreciate your approach to the challenges.

Last Sunday there was both a smaller left sweeper (if done right), followed later by a longer right-hand sweeper. Good balance, and even my tires appreciated that nuance. wink.gif

A very nice mixture of courses are always at hand in Tucson, regardless of the Course Designer. Very nice that so many different "flavors" are available....... cool.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S .......(Really just a Miata with four doors and a trunk......and +500#)
Education is important. Race Cars are importanter

+Quote Post
ChuckN3
post Aug 27 2019, 05:39 PM
Post #5

I really owe a lot to Rob Rockefeller. He has tons of experience to share! Love how your tires appreciated it. Funny how we think of tires differently when we pay dearly for them wacko.gif
After seeing the two planes stored over at the end of the tarmac I was inspired to take a different look at the course area. We'll see what happens! The good thing is I live about 11 miles from the airport so I can go over there on Friday or Saturday and see if there's anything parked biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mark Yakich
post Aug 27 2019, 05:41 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 163940

Thanks for your work, really enjoyed the course!

I sent you a PM with some ideas/thoughts, let me know if you didn't get it.

--------------------
Mark Yakich
2009 Demon F500 - FM
2005 Mazda RX8 - STX

+Quote Post
ChuckN3
post Aug 27 2019, 06:19 PM
Post #7

Mark, you were my first PM. Did you get my reply? Still not completely used to this style forum...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mark Yakich
post Aug 27 2019, 09:58 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 163940

QUOTE (ChuckN3 @ Aug 27 2019, 06:19 PM) *
Mark, you were my first PM. Did you get my reply? Still not completely used to this style forum...

Got it!

--------------------
Mark Yakich
2009 Demon F500 - FM
2005 Mazda RX8 - STX

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2019 - 12:23 AM