IPB     IPB     IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )
Azsolo.com · Results · Registration

Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Phoenix Autocrossers - Tucson Summer Autocross Series, .....starts Sunday May 19th
SMeyers
post May 11 2019, 01:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 4

Registration is open for the Series of four summer autocrosses hosted by Tucson Region at Marana Municipal Airport.
Cross-posting here in case some never read the Tucson Forums.

Here are their four dates:

Attached Image

They start a little earlier, and finish a little earlier, thus beating the hotter parts of these days. They pair their Work/Run Groups as A/B and C/D, so if one wanted to run once and work once, they'd be on the road home before 11:00 usually. Even if you stayed for TO's, the day ends around 1:00pm for all four Groups.

Click HERE for all Registration and Event details, and then go to Mind The Cones using their link to Register.

The Classing choices are very similar to what Phoenix does, but simpler and streamlined. One Pax Class, all Open Classes, a Novice Group, and Ladies.

You can also Pay using PayPal, but Tucson adds a $2.00 service fee to cover fees charged to them. Same drill; Register early for best choices, pay online to avoid onsite lines, very similar.

NOTE - I should be able to bring some of the Phoenix Spring Trophies with me, if you let me know you will be there (and you earned one wink.gif )

So, go sign up now. Way better than staying home and watching baseball or doing "Honey-do's". Heck, bring the spouse along.

See you there.

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S "STS" .......(Really just a Miata with four doors and a trunk......and +500#)
Education is important. Race Cars are importanter
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post May 16 2019, 12:59 PM
Post #2

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 4

The wife and I are entered for Tucson this coming Sunday. Hopefully many of you have too. Weather looks to be very reasonable, not even 80 by 11:00am, so we're going.

As noted above, I will bring with me any trophies from the recent Phoenix Spring Series if requested by you. So far I have Marschell Fletcher (via Harry Berzes) and Jay Balducci. (See list below if you've forgotten). Others can be picked up by arrangement at my house as described elsewhere, or at the next Phoenix Event in September.

Explanation of Trophy Sizes - You will notice that not all 1st place trophies are large ones. That was due to budget constraints. So if you received a first place, and your Class had three or more "qualified entrants" for the Series (drivers who attended three or more events), you received a larger trophy. If you placed first in a Class with fewer attendees, you still get a trophy, just the smaller one. All second and third place trophies are smaller ones. All trophies are still supplied with name, place, and Class/Series details. See samples:

Attached Image

And here is the Trophy List. My contact info (email and PM) are in my profile for questions or delivery options. No need to contact me if you're waiting until September. wink.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S "STS" .......(Really just a Miata with four doors and a trunk......and +500#)
Education is important. Race Cars are importanter

+Quote Post
S. Roberts
post May 24 2019, 03:42 PM
Post #3

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 172

QUOTE (SMeyers @ May 16 2019, 12:59 PM) *
Explanation of Trophy Sizes - You will notice that not all 1st place trophies are large ones. That was due to budget constraints. So if you received a first place, and your Class had three or more "qualified entrants" for the Series (drivers who attended three or more events), you received a larger trophy. If you placed first in a Class with fewer attendees, you still get a trophy, just the smaller one. All second and third place trophies are smaller ones. All trophies are still supplied with name, place, and Class/Series details. See samples:

Attached Image

blink.gif

--------------------
Sharon Roberts

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2019 - 04:56 PM