Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Performance Automotive and Tire/Track Rat Motorsports
Tony Staples
post Apr 2 2016, 10:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 165810

Tony Staples is now the proud new owner of Performance Automotive and Tire Center in Mesa. We are at 6322 E. Superstition Springs Blvd, right next door to AutoNation Chevrolet, just north of the 60. Performance Automotive and Tire is also the home of Track Rat Motorsports. We will be providing some gift cards for use at the next awards banquet. Why sponsor a little league team when you can sponsor the local autocross club. Right?

If you want service or prep work done on your track toy, or just routine service on your daily driver or tow vehicle, we can handle that. If you want to come in and work with us to set your alignment up for track or autocross, we have got you covered. We have the latest Hunter Hawkeye alignment equipment and we will soon have a set of wireless scales for corner balancing work. Need to do some fender rolling to squeeze some bigger tires under some smaller fenders, we can help with that too! Want to quiet down the exhaust on that monster, to be legal at AMP. We can help. I don't have things set up just yet, but will soon offer just about any performance go-fast part on the planet via two large distributors. So, if you want those unobtainium caster/camber plates to go with your fancy new coil overs, we will soon be able to get that for you too. I'm not planning on stocking just a couple of lines. I want to be able to offer folks whatever they are searching for, if they don't want to do the work themselves.

Seriously, Performance Automotive and Track Rat Motorsports is the place if you are looking for an enthusiast friendly shop, because it's run by an enthusiast! Be sure to show your current SCCA membership card and we'll give you a free check of your car's vitals, a free A/C check (it's going to be hot again soon, and we have the specialized equipment to ensure your system is operating at 100%) and a 15% discount on most any routine service, even on the family truckster. That doesn't include tires, sorry. There isn't enough margin, quite frankly, and I don't want to compete with the Tire Rack deal that the club already has. To support the club, we will soon be a drop ship installer for Tire Rack. So, purchase your new rubber using the club link!

Even if you don't have any service or prep needs, feel free to stop in, say hi, check out the new digs, enjoy a free soda, water or snack, and talk cars with the car loving owner and car crazy employees!

--------------------
-Tony Staples
mr.horsepower@staplesnet.us
"It's a fine line between a hobby and a mental disorder." - Dave Berry
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
phxsteele
post Apr 3 2016, 07:13 AM
Post #2

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 1994

QUOTE (Tony Staples @ Apr 2 2016, 09:24 PM) *
Tony Staples is now the proud new owner of Performance Automotive and Tire Center in Mesa. We are at 6322 E. Superstition Springs Blvd, right next door to AutoNation Chevrolet, just north of the 60. Performance Automotive and Tire is also the home of Track Rat Motorsports. We will be providing some gift cards for use at the next awards banquet. Why sponsor a little league team when you can sponsor the local autocross club. Right?

If you want service or prep work done on your track toy, or just routine service on your daily driver or tow vehicle, we can handle that. If you want to come in and work with us to set your alignment up for track or autocross, we have got you covered. We have the latest Hunter Hawkeye alignment equipment and we will soon have a set of wireless scales for corner balancing work. Need to do some fender rolling to squeeze some bigger tires under some smaller fenders, we can help with that too! Want to quiet down the exhaust on that monster, to be legal at AMP. We can help. I don't have things set up just yet, but will soon offer just about any performance go-fast part on the planet via two large distributors. So, if you want those unobtainium caster/camber plates to go with your fancy new coil overs, we will soon be able to get that for you too. I'm not planning on stocking just a couple of lines. I want to be able to offer folks whatever they are searching for, if they don't want to do the work themselves.

Seriously, Performance Automotive and Track Rat Motorsports is the place if you are looking for an enthusiast friendly shop, because it's run by an enthusiast! Be sure to show your current SCCA membership card and we'll give you a free check of your car's vitals, a free A/C check (it's going to be hot again soon, and we have the specialized equipment to ensure your system is operating at 100%) and a 15% discount on most any routine service, even on the family truckster. That doesn't include tires, sorry. There isn't enough margin, quite frankly, and I don't want to compete with the Tire Rack deal that the club already has. To support the club, we will soon be a drop ship installer for Tire Rack. So, purchase your new rubber using the club link!

Even if you don't have any service or prep needs, feel free to stop in, say hi, check out the new digs, enjoy a free soda, water or snack, and talk cars with the car loving owner and car crazy employees!

Congrats! Its a drive for me but I will make it to give my business to a club member. I do need to get a set of tires flipped. Shoot me a pm of what that would cost. Best of luck in the new business.

--------------------
Chris Steele
Chief of Tech
2012 MINI Cooper S
DS/Pax 1

+Quote Post
BWeikert
post Apr 3 2016, 04:19 PM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 42

Congratulations, and good luck Tony.

I live in Buckeye, so pretty unlikely I'll ever be in your neighborhood needing service, but I hope the business is a huge success for you.

--------------------
Brian Weikert

+Quote Post
Littlezeke77
post Apr 3 2016, 09:38 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 61013

Soooo excited to have an "in" at a dedicated performance shop again! Congrats Tony!

--------------------
Derek Bellamy
Assistant Director & Treasurer
1992 "Bass Boat Sparkly Red" Miata (STS)
2005 Scion tC (STF)

+Quote Post
oneleglance
post Apr 3 2016, 11:28 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 169988

I live in Central Phoenix but I promise here in public to make every effort to bring my rides to your play land....and I am happy to spread the word in the 4wd community if you are cool with doing alignments on rigs with a bit more ground clearance smile.gif

Don't suppose you see a dyno in your future?
I plan to soon test 2-3 vehicles, will follow up test after tuning over the next few months. Shame to give that money to strangers. And if no dyno for you then any recommendations? I can do ECM tuning, just need the dyno for baseline and test.

Looking forward to chatting more, sounds like you are open to random drop by now?

Congrats and good luck

--------------------
Lance Blair
72 Chevy C-10 truck wanting to play

+Quote Post
Tony Staples
post Apr 4 2016, 05:56 PM
Post #6

Thanks Derek and Lance,

I appreciate it. I want to have a shop where real car folks are comfortable coming in and getting work done. As for dynos, not in the immediate future. I want to grow the business organically, so down the road a year or two, its very likely. The only dyno shop I have any experience with in Phoenix is Arizona Dyno Chip in Chandler. It's on the corner of N 54th St and W Oakland St. He set me up with dyno time, and helped me work out a few calibration issues with the Bondostang.

--------------------
-Tony Staples

+Quote Post
hatrick6
post Apr 9 2016, 06:44 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 710

How cool Tony! excited to come see it! will there be any kind of special grand opening?

--------------------
"Maybe I should just buy a 240 and become a mad tyte drifter." - Hitler
Josh Johnston
AZ Region Director
1997 Honda Civic HX - STC
1995 Nissan 240sx SE - STC
2004 Mini Cooper - STF
2006 Mini Cooper JCW - DS

+Quote Post
Tony Staples
post Apr 10 2016, 07:49 AM
Post #8

Since it is an ongoing concern, I really had not planned a grand opening. I'll think about that.

--------------------
-Tony Staples

+Quote Post
berny2435
post Apr 10 2016, 11:42 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 1369

Tony,

Grats. any BMW techs there?

--------------------
Ryan B. - 98' M3 - STU(underprep)- slowly coming together
Da past - 06' S2000 STR---08' Civic Si STX---06' 350Z track stock---95' K20 6spd Civic SMF - 95' MR2 turbo - 92.5' Talon AWD

+Quote Post
Tony Staples
post Apr 10 2016, 01:28 PM
Post #10

No BMW Techs currently. At least no one with BMW factory training.

--------------------
-Tony Staples

+Quote Post
Nokones
post Jul 13 2018, 08:04 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 194203

Is there room to park a truck and trailer and off load the car and wait while work is being done? The truck and trailer combo is almost 60' long and I would need another 20 feet to get the car in/out of the trailer. Please let me know.

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Jul 15 2018, 10:52 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 189796

QUOTE (Nokones @ Jul 13 2018, 08:04 PM) *
Is there room to park a truck and trailer and off load the car and wait while work is being done? The truck and trailer combo is almost 60' long and I would need another 20 feet to get the car in/out of the trailer. Please let me know.

Well, there's a name i recognize... Welcome to Arizona... We moved to Peoria last fall, so I think I've been here long enough to welcome others...

--------------------
Lance Hamilton
1985 Monte Carlo SS CAM T

+Quote Post
Tony Staples
post Jul 15 2018, 09:27 PM
Post #13

Well, I pull my 35' RV in, towing my 24' tag along race trailer. It's 62 feet total. Semi's don't work, but if your rig is split more like mine, it's doable. You can also park behind Burlington Coat factory. The backside parking area and truck dropoff for the store is right across from our entrance. It's easy to maneuver over there.
What do you need done? I just got done with a Coyote swap/suspension upgrade into my '99 Cobra. We are also doing an LS swap on a '71 Olds 442 tribute car.

--------------------
-Tony Staples

+Quote Post
Tony Staples
post Jul 15 2018, 09:30 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (berny2435 @ Apr 10 2016, 11:42 AM) *
Tony,

Grats. any BMW techs there?

Update. I now have a BMW trained ASE master on the team. He's actually writing service but is also still hands on in the shop, and can sort out nearly anything BMW related.

--------------------
-Tony Staples

+Quote Post
Tony Staples
post Jul 15 2018, 09:34 PM
Post #15

Deleted.

--------------------
-Tony Staples

+Quote Post
Nokones
post Jul 16 2018, 07:51 AM
Post #16

QUOTE (SSLance @ Jul 15 2018, 10:52 AM) *

Well, there's a name i recognize... Welcome to Arizona... We moved to Peoria last fall, so I think I've been here long enough to welcome others...

Thanks Lance. We haven't moved yet. We're waiting for the house to be built and we are really looking forward to moving. My wife and I have been making a lot of trips to Arizona this year. I even took in a Dodger game in March and going to a Diamondbacks game in August when we visit again.

I was just reaching out/looking ahead to see where I can get my tires mounted and where to get an alignment from a shop that is willing to work with my numbers.

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S

+Quote Post
Nokones
post Jul 16 2018, 07:54 AM
Post #17

QUOTE (Tony Staples @ Jul 15 2018, 09:34 PM) *
QUOTE (Tony Staples @ Jul 15 2018, 09:27 PM) *

Well, I pull my 35' RV in, towing my 24' tag along race trailer. It's 62 feet total. Semi's don't work, but if your rig is split more like mine, it's doable. You can also park behind Burlington Coat factory. The backside parking area and truck dropoff for the store is right across from our entrance. It's easy to maneuver over there.
What do you need done? I just got done with a Coyote swap/suspension upgrade into my '99 Cobra. We are also doing an LS swap on a '71 Olds 442 tribute car.
Oh and we should be able to handle the 18" x 12.5" Forgelines. I know we done some 18 x 11's and 12's, and some 19'x by a large number that I don't remember.

Thanks for the reply Tony. I look forward in meeting you in the future.

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S

+Quote Post
Tony Staples
post Jul 17 2018, 09:13 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Nokones @ Jul 16 2018, 07:54 AM) *
QUOTE (Tony Staples @ Jul 15 2018, 09:34 PM) *
QUOTE (Tony Staples @ Jul 15 2018, 09:27 PM) *

Oh and we should be able to handle the 18" x 12.5" Forgelines. I know we done some 18 x 11's and 12's, and some 19'x by a large number that I don't remember.

Thanks for the reply Tony. I look forward in meeting you in the future.

And I you. My shop is a haven for car folks. We do quite a few performance alignments on track weapons, drift missiles, autocross rides, and street toys. We can even put you in the car, on the alignment rack, for the best fine tuning. If you do any track events, you will find me there a lot. I am involved with Pro Auto Sports, and NASA AZ. Unfortunately, I've missed a lot of the autocross events due to conflicts with track events, and a busy schedule. I will get back to the autocross as soon as my schedule permits. The AZ Solo group are some great folks.

--------------------
-Tony Staples

+Quote Post
Nokones
post Sep 5 2019, 08:18 PM
Post #19

Since, Sears is closed behind your shop, do you think anyone would care if I park my truck and trailer in the Sears parking lot for a couple of hours and unload my go-fast car and drive it over to the shop?

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2019 - 07:43 PM