3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Musselman Honda Circuit Track Day Information
Stigrant
post Dec 27 2011, 08:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 52367

Hi everyone, sorry about the late posting for this event, i have been too busy to get to posting on forums. Same deal as last month, but this time there will be no Canadian race karters, and this is my 3rd time setting up a track day here so i am trying my best to make February's event more organized than the last event.

Who: AZSOLO and others
What: Track Day/ Ride Alongs/ Time Attack/ Good old racing fun
When: Sunday February 12th 2012
More When- Gates will open at 8:00am
- Registration will start at 8:30am
- Tech will begin once cars are registered... Tech will close at 10:30am
- We will host a MANDATORY drivers meeting right after tech closes at 10:30am... If you miss this meeting we cant let you drive, so if you want to drive make sure you are on time for this meeting.
- Right after driver meeting we will break the drivers into groups and make the track hot by 11:00am if not sooner.
Where: Musselman Honda Curcuit, 11800 s Harrison Rd

Price is $100 for the whole day, I can still give discounts though, so for any AZSOLO member the price will be $80 for the whole day. When you get there let someone know that you know me (Grant) and that you are with AZSOLO.

If you dont have a helmet we can rent one for $5
It is $10 for a passenger to ride along in any car for the whole day
We will be renting transponders for $20 if you want to know your lap times.

Hope to see some new and familiar AZSOLO faces, happy racing!

Feel free to contact me for any questions
Grant Evers
grantevers@gmail.com
520-440-5339

Here are some pics from January's event:

--------------------
- Grant Evers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stevethegimp
post Dec 27 2011, 08:02 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2517

QUOTE (Stigrant @ Dec 27 2011, 09:25 AM) *
A member from az240sx referred me to this forum.

Yes i realize this is the same day as the nasa event, but we arent able to change this date... sorry sad.gif
Same deal as last month... but this month we will attempt to do more of a time attack style event. We will provide transponders so people can compete for the best lat time, but it is all in good fun.

We are hosting a track day (cars only) Sunday January 15th 2012, so if you are free and feel like doing laps in your car come on out and have some fun. We will be running a few cars on the track at a time and you get unlimited 20 min sessions all day. Gates open at 10am, we will be hosting a driver meeting at 11am, and will close up around 4:30pm. We will let people on track if they miss the first driver meeting.

Price is $100 for the whole day, I can give discounts though, so for any AZSOLO member the price will be $60 for the whole day. When you get there let someone know that you know me (Grant) and that you are with AZSOLO.

Hope to see some new and familiar AZSOLO faces, happy racing!

*Wear long pants, long sleeves, and bring a hemet (it will be cold so im guessing most people will be dressed appropriately anyway)

Feel free to contact me for any questions

- Grant Evers

I'm very sorely tempted. I went to Musselman with fellow auto-xer Dan Gurney in late November because we both picked up a groupon for reasonably priced kart racing. Sadly they were busy with moto-racing that day and the wait time was in the hours which led to our groupons expiring. The track looks awesome though and assuming the track is guaranteed i'd be most interested, shame we couldn't use their high-speed karts there.

--------------------
Steven Jensen
2009 Blazing Blue Toyota Yaris

+Quote Post
Stigrant
post Dec 27 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Stevethegimp @ Dec 27 2011, 09:02 PM) *
I'm very sorely tempted. I went to Musselman with fellow auto-xer Dan Gurney in late November because we both picked up a groupon for reasonably priced kart racing. Sadly they were busy with moto-racing that day and the wait time was in the hours which led to our groupons expiring. The track looks awesome though and assuming the track is guaranteed i'd be most interested, shame we couldn't use their high-speed karts there.

Sorry about the wait for the rental karts, if you still have the groupon i can extend them for you so you can still use them since you were turned away by our busy day. The track will be open strictly for cars on this date. If you are interested in renting the high-speed karts (tag or shifter) we do have those available.

--------------------
- Grant Evers

+Quote Post
JBsSRT4
post Dec 28 2011, 01:13 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 434

Make sure your cooling system is up to snuff and your tune is good Steve. I saw a lot of overheating at the last track day at Musselman I went to. Fun track... As long as you're not the slowest car in your group. laugh.gif

--------------------
Jamal Brewer
'04 Dodge SRT-4 (SMF) all encompassing race car
'15 Mustang GT (FS) dd

+Quote Post
Stigrant
post Dec 28 2011, 08:14 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (JBsSRT4 @ Dec 28 2011, 01:13 AM) *
Make sure your cooling system is up to snuff and your tune is good Steve. I saw a lot of overheating at the last track day at Musselman I went to. Fun track... As long as you're not the slowest car in your group. laugh.gif

True, this track is hard on your brakes and tires as well if you are driving hard. More of a momentum track than a speed track.

Let me know if you have any questions, i would love to see some of you out there for January's event. It would be greant to have a group of AZSOLO members out there seeing as how you all have racing and autocross experience.

--------------------
- Grant Evers

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Dec 28 2011, 08:47 AM
Post #6

Group: AZ Region Member
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Stigrant @ Dec 28 2011, 08:14 AM) *
Let me know if you have any questions, i would love to see some of you out there for January's event. It would be great to have a group of AZSOLO
members out there seeing as how you all have racing and autocross experience

FYI - Just in case not everyone noticed, but the first AZSolo date as changed to the 15th from the original 8th due to a conflict with
an event at the Sierra Vista Airport, so this event does now conflict with an AzSolo event date.

January 8th - Sierra Vista autocross at Airport
January 15th - AzSolo autocross at FIR
January 29th - Tucson autocross at Marana

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2001 Mustang V-6 STP (I coulda had a V-8?)
Terlingua Racing Team
Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong -- Colin Chapman

+Quote Post
Wheelbuilder
post Dec 28 2011, 04:08 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 26271

Do we need to pre-register for this our do we just show up?

--------------------
Troy Watson
2005 350Z Ultra Yellow

+Quote Post
Stigrant
post Dec 28 2011, 07:36 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (SMeyers @ Dec 28 2011, 09:47 AM) *
QUOTE (Stigrant @ Dec 28 2011, 08:14 AM) *
Let me know if you have any questions, i would love to see some of you out there for January's event. It would be great to have a group of AZSOLO
members out there seeing as how you all have racing and autocross experience

FYI - Just in case not everyone noticed, but the first AZSolo date as changed to the 15th from the original 8th due to a conflict with
an event at the Sierra Vista Airport, so this event does now conflict with an AzSolo event date.

January 8th - Sierra Vista autocross at Airport
January 15th - AzSolo autocross at FIR
January 29th - Tucson autocross at Marana

I understand that this event conflicts with the nasa and azsolo autoctoss events, but like i said we cant change our calendar for January. I am just here to inform about the MHC event and if for some reason one cant make it to the nasa or azsolo event and can make it to MHC that would be in everyones best interest. We arent trying to take away people from the azsolo event, and in the future we will do a better job of looking at others calendars. Sorry for the overlap.

QUOTE (Wheelbuilder @ Dec 28 2011, 05:08 PM) *
Do we need to pre-register for this our do we just show up?

No pre-registration, just show up before the 11 o clock drivers meeting.

--------------------
- Grant Evers

+Quote Post
Brock
post Dec 28 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1339

laugh.gif
This is the event I was bummin' about missing in the other thread. I hope the February event remains conflict free, but I don't think AZsolo's 2012 schedule has been finalized yet.
Anyone in Tucson not planning to come to Phoenix should check this out.

--------------------
Brock Palmer
Rallycross Danger Steward
E85 all the things.

+Quote Post
Stigrant
post Dec 29 2011, 02:02 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Brock @ Dec 28 2011, 11:26 PM) *
laugh.gif
This is the event I was bummin' about missing in the other thread. I hope the February event remains conflict free, but I don't think AZsolo's 2012 schedule has been finalized yet.
Anyone in Tucson not planning to come to Phoenix should check this out.

Thank you for the support Brock. I also hope February is conflict free, and i will do my best to make that happen.

--------------------
- Grant Evers

+Quote Post
Stevethegimp
post Dec 29 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 2517

QUOTE (Stigrant @ Dec 27 2011, 10:09 PM) *
Sorry about the wait for the rental karts, if you still have the groupon i can extend them for you so you can still use them since you were turned away by our busy day. The track will be open strictly for cars on this date. If you are interested in renting the high-speed karts (tag or shifter) we do have those available.

No problems! Musselman is a godsend to Tucson racing and i've already considered it a donation. I'm thinking this will be the final farewell for the current Hankook RS3s but i'm looking forward to the event!

QUOTE (JBsSRT4 @ Dec 28 2011, 01:13 AM) *

Haha it will certainly be a test for the radiator/intercooler! I haven't overheated yet but i'll certainly be keeping an eye on it thanks!

--------------------
Steven Jensen
2009 Blazing Blue Toyota Yaris

+Quote Post
Stigrant
post Jan 1 2012, 11:12 AM
Post #12

Happy New Year everyone! This event is 2 weeks away, good way to start the new year. Hope to see some of you there!

--------------------
- Grant Evers

+Quote Post
Ric
post Jan 10 2012, 07:00 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 1049

Hey Grant.

This is the same Ric from AZ240sx . You never answered me if soft top or open top cars are allowed to run.

--------------------
R i c.P r u s s m a n
~15 Dodge Challenger Hellcat 6MT. FS
~17 Subaru STI. BS

+Quote Post
JBsSRT4
post Jan 11 2012, 02:26 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 434

I drove my Miata with the top off at the Musselman event I ran. But then again I have a roll bar.

If its anything like the events at Firebird you'll just have to run with your top up if you don't have a roll bar.

--------------------
Jamal Brewer
'04 Dodge SRT-4 (SMF) all encompassing race car
'15 Mustang GT (FS) dd

+Quote Post
Ric
post Jan 11 2012, 11:52 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (JBsSRT4 @ Jan 11 2012, 02:26 AM) *
I drove my Miata with the top off at the Musselman event I ran. But then again I have a roll bar.

If its anything like the events at Firebird you'll just have to run with your top up if you don't have a roll bar.

Grant just got back to me on the other forum. Convertibles are fine there.

See you all there.

--------------------
R i c.P r u s s m a n
~17 Subaru STI. BS

+Quote Post
Stigrant
post Jan 12 2012, 12:45 AM
Post #16

This event is on Sunday! Get your cars ready folks! Hope to see some of you there.
Also we may open gates earlier to let you guys have more seat time. There is a karting team coming here from Canada and we need to give them some track time as well. Dont worry, this wont conflict with the cars. I will post asap as to what time we will be opening the gates.

--------------------
- Grant Evers

+Quote Post
Ric
post Jan 12 2012, 07:37 AM
Post #17

sweet.

I hope it doesnt get too warm.

--------------------
R i c.P r u s s m a n
~17 Subaru STI. BS

+Quote Post
Stigrant
post Jan 12 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #18

Ok so we will now be opening the gates at 8am so drivers can do whatever they need to get their cars ready. This will give people more seat time. Im looking forward to this and i may do a few sessions!

--------------------
- Grant Evers

+Quote Post
Ric
post Jan 14 2012, 12:06 AM
Post #19

10 bucks for ride alongs... They need help paying insurance.

--------------------
R i c.P r u s s m a n
~17 Subaru STI. BS

+Quote Post
Wheelbuilder
post Jan 14 2012, 12:23 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 26271

This is getting a little confusing! The first post says gates open at 10 with drivers meeting at 11. Then another post says gates open at 8 but no time on when drivers meeting is or when run groups will start. Then I go to the Musselman website and it says gates open at 9 and drivers meeting is at 10. So what is the real schedule for Sunday?

Is there really a $10 charge for someone to ride along with you? Is it $10 for the whole day or per session?

--------------------
Troy Watson
2005 350Z Ultra Yellow

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th August 2017 - 11:00 PM