Azsolo.com · Results · Registration

Tire Rack

> Curt Stanley, Weird Car Nut Extraordinaire
S. Roberts
post Aug 8 2019, 05:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 172

For those of you in solo-land who knew Curt Stanley......we just received a phone call from his father with the news that Curt passed away during his recovery from a surgery. A few years ago, Curt sold his house and all his weird little cars to make a move to Atlanta, Georgia.

Curt was a special car guy and the only one we knew who painted a car with spray cans of Krylon. A Corvair.

At one time - the 70's or 80's, I've forgotten exactly when -- he owned a BMW Isetta 300 with a 750 Honda motorcycle engine and brought it to an autocross on Firebird's Skid Pad #4. Since I, too, am the owner of an Isetta 300 (but with an Isetta one-cylinder BMW engine and not a Honda motorcycle engine), I was invited to be his passenger during his run. It was a bunch of laughs, until the chain broke and we skidded to a stop on course. Of course, with Curt, it was still a bunch of laughs after the chain broke. I'm sure God broke the mold when Curt appeared on earth to preserve his type forever.

--------------------
Sharon Roberts
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- S. Roberts   Curt Stanley   Aug 8 2019, 05:28 PM
- - SMeyers   Curt had a way of finding those very special and u...   Aug 8 2019, 06:06 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2019 - 04:32 PM