Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> July 29th Sunday Autocross at Marana, Third Event of Summer Series
SMeyers
post Jul 23 2018, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 4

Yes, registration is open for this coming Sunday, and this is our next opportunity to play with our cars over the summer. Tucson runs a very time-efficient summer event, starting a little earlier and thus ending a little earlier. Everyone is packed and on the way home (or stopping for a beer) well before the real heat hits. Smart. cool.gif

Since I'm from out of town (yes, Phoenix is considered out of town wink.gif ), I typically run Group A and work Group B to shorten my day even more. You could stay and do TO's too and still be on the way home by 1:00 usually.

If you haven't tried a Tucson/Marana Airport Event yet, do it. They put on great events. All through the summer.

==================================================
By the way, for those who are able or interested, Sierra Vista is looking good for a Solo Event at their Municipal Airport Sunday August 5th the next weekend. You newer folks to the valley, this is the best concrete airport cement anywhere. Smooth, no potholes of chunks missing, but it will wear your tires pretty good. wink.gif tongue.gif
Click HERE for more details.

==================================================

Finally, for these Phoenix Spring Trophy winners, I could bring your trophy with me to this Sunday's event if you let me know you will be there. Just PM or email me (from my profile), and I will bring for you. Thanks. I'll even clap a little when I hand you your trophy........ rolleyes.gif

1st Place ....B Street .........Dave Young
1st Place ....C Street .........Harry Berzes
1st Place ....CSP ...............Steve Ashcraft
2nd Place ...CSP ...............Tom Tkacik
1st Place ....D Street .........Michael Glancy
2nd Place ...H Street .........Richard Kohn
1st Place ....Super Street ...Jon Roesch
2nd Place ...NV2 ...............Tanner Yost
1st Place ....PAX1.............. Lou Young
2nd Place ...PAX1 ..............Chuck Hanson
4th Place ....PAX1 .............Josh Johnson
3rd Place ....PAX2 .............Sean Dickinson

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street
Education is important. Race Cars are importanter
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
S2000girl
post Jul 24 2018, 08:58 AM
Post #2

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 165081

The early week look at the forecast for Sunday shows a decent chance of rain. We will run in the rain (not lightning) so maybe think about wet weather preparation and see you all on Sunday!

--------------------
aka: Bipod or Kerry or MR2girl or CAM-Sgirl or AlfaGirl.....
Secretary and Chief of Waiver AZBR SCCA

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jul 24 2018, 09:23 AM
Post #3

Ah, the Weather conundrum.

Been watching with interest, forecast has gone up then back down all week. Currently at 20% around noon, but that will change too. Arizona weather is just that way.

The one time I believed the forecast, and didnít go, it didnít rain. Not going to do that again....😉

See you all there.👍

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
JMP
post Jul 24 2018, 06:47 PM
Post #4

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 191370

What is the summer time schedule? Will they except the Phoenix area annual inspection and sound check? Brian & I are thinking of driving down this Sunday.

--------------------
John Prieve

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jul 24 2018, 07:57 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (JMP @ Jul 24 2018, 06:47 PM) *
What is the summer time schedule? Will they except the Phoenix area annual inspection and sound check? Brian & I are thinking of driving down this Sunday.

Click HERE to register and for more details. They do PayPal too.

The yearly Tech thing only works at AMP. Tucson has their own efficient Tech Team. There is no specific sound check there, but no open exhaust either. Make it reasonable.

I leave 67th Ave and Greenway at 5:30am, park at Marana at 7:15am. If you live in the East Valley, even better.

Google the address for the map. Marana Regional Airport 11700 W Avra Valley Rd, Marana, AZ 85653

Their courses tend to be open, flowing, easy to follow. Five runs for Group A (one to clean off the dust), four runs for other four Groups.

Pretty sure you'll like it. cool.gif

Here's the basics:
Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jul 26 2018, 04:38 PM
Post #6

Well, looks like the weather will be (likely) holding off until after we're done Sunday, and the Highways and Byways seem pretty good too.

All you more "Northern" folks, consider giving Marana/Tucson a try this weekend. A fun place to play with your car safely, and hey, what else could possibly be this much fun?

Hope to see many of you there.

(I have not heard from any Az Solo Trophy folks to bring any of your trophies Sunday, so as of this moment I will not be bringing any. Let me know.)

Attached Image

*Chance of rain in red:

(*Disclaimer.....the events as depicted below may or may not occur as shown. I accept no responsibility for what actually happens.....)

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2018 - 01:35 PM