Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marana Fall Series Event #3, This coming Sunday November 19th
SMeyers
post Nov 16 2017, 05:46 PM
Post #1

Group: AZ Region Member
Member No.: 4

Yep, the best kept secret in town. You probably thought you had nothing to do this coming weekend.....WRONG!!!

Next to last Tucson Event of 2017 at Marana. Great weather, fantastic courses, what's not to like?

One more day to register, in case you really were out of the loop. Go HERE for any and all necessary information on how to get your entry done. Remember to bring a spouse, S/O, or friend. You'll be glad you did. cool.gif

Traffic looks very light, kind of nice. Hope to see some of you make it down. Harry, you coming? They could use an "A-1" who doesn't DNF for a change...... wink.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2001 Mustang V-6 (aka: "Hank")
My Indian name is "Dances with Pylons"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chuckster
post Nov 20 2017, 12:46 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 59

I want to thank everyone involved, especially the Course design and set up crew for the terrific job they did getting the course to work.

While I was walking, I noticed extra effort put into last minute finessing to make sure it was safe for the lights and the workers and did not have any confusing ques.

In the end, it was not only fairly challenging, but each feature or set of gates and direction cones directed you pretty clearly to the next feature.

The right hand slightly S-shaped curved start was a real blast to drive and a welcome departure from Pro-solo type starts that always have the lights directly in line with the start.
Not that I don't love a drag race start too, but its nice to have some variety.

Also, I was very impressed by Dave Webb's announcing.
He added a lot of value with his extensive knowledge of the competitors and the interesting info he added about their current and past rides.

--------------------
Chuck Voboril

Every cloud has a silver lining
(except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium & Strontium 90)

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Nov 23 2017, 11:31 AM
Post #3

Well, I have a complaint. wink.gif

For some reason my Mustang this event was about 1 to 1.5 seconds slower when compared to my benchmark drivers. I had just installed
a new set of coilovers on the car, so I suspected that I just didn't have the balance right.

Wrong.

Apparently your course was so hard on suspensions that it caused this. It's all your fault. wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

This is one arm of my previously beefy front sway bar. Yes, I had massive oversteer. Why do you ask? rolleyes.gif

I get that "racing parts" are not warranteed, but WTF. Autocrossing on street tires is not that hard on parts like this. Let's see
what Kenny Brown has to say about this failure........

EDIT: Kenny Brown Racing was astounded with the breakage, and a new sway bar is on it's way to me no charge. They do want to look at the old one. tongue.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
civil
post Nov 26 2017, 08:54 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1146

youch... ohmy.gif

That is impressive. beer.gif

--------------------
Stephen King - A.K.A. "Sue"

90' Miata - STS

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Nov 26 2017, 09:04 AM
Post #5

“Impressive” is not the first word that came to my mind.😂

Apparently I’m the only customer who’s *ever* broken one of these. Lucky me.🙄

All will be fixed for Marana in two weeks.👍 THEN I can see what adjustment the new coilovers might need.

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2018 - 03:00 AM