Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mazda parts source
Marty S2S7
post Feb 28 2015, 11:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 33

l'm getting my Rx7 ready to put back on the road (and track hopefully) and after pricing some of the parts, i thought there must be a better source than the dealers! Has anyone found a good source for Mazda parts? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

--------------------
Happiness is not around the corner,
it IS the corner!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
suprajayaz
post Feb 28 2015, 05:03 PM
Post #2

Group: AZ Region Member
Member No.: 182

A good source for OEM and some specific Mazda racing parts is thru mazdamotorsports.com. Sign up for a team membership account.

--------------------
Jay Balducci

+Quote Post
kvenisn
post Mar 1 2015, 08:39 AM
Post #3

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 24

QUOTE (suprajayaz @ Feb 28 2015, 05:03 PM) *
A good source for OEM and some specific Mazda racing parts is thru mazdamotorsports.com. Sign up for a team membership account.

You need to send in event results but if you don't have results because you are building the or fixing they car they should still let you in, you may need to call and explain your situation. Deep discount on OEM Mazda parts, I think it's dealer cost.

--------------------
Kevin Venisnik
2018 AZ Region Solo Director

+Quote Post
Marty S2S7
post Mar 1 2015, 10:15 AM
Post #4

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 33

Thanks, I thought Mazda had a support program but didn't know where to find it. Looking at their site and reading their requirements for participation, it looks like I don't qualify, but I will give them a call like you suggest. Dealer wants $170 for a 4" rubber fuel line with a banjo fitting on one end, so an alternate source is a must! I thought about cutting off the crimped clamps and replacing the rubber hose, but a failure would be bad because it is above the turbos! My other thought was to take it to a hydraulic hose repair shop and see if they could replace it using crimp clamps. Has anyone tried one of these shops?
This thread has gotten away from a classified request and turned into tech questions. I have seen this happen in other threads too. Have the moderators ever considered adding another category for tech/repair/mods questions, similar to the clasification question category? Seems like there are a lot of "do it yourself" racers involved in this sport. A place to share this wealth of information could be helpful to many members.

--------------------
Happiness is not around the corner,
it IS the corner!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th March 2019 - 02:55 AM