Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> January 7 Sierra Vista Municipal Airport, Also, new fee structure
JLawson
post Jan 1 2018, 08:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 503

We are confirmed for the SV Airport. Mike Whitehouse is Chief of Course.

Things are going to be challenging this year due to the loss of Bisbee-Douglas Airport as a venue. We still have six events at the SV Airport, and are seeking other possibilities. Worst case scenario, we have one long season.

Fees are increasing due to the expense of running at the SV Airport, which has increased substantially.

Sierra Sports Car Club member $25
SCCA member $30
Weekend member $35

Time-only runs are still $10 on top of your scored runs.

--------------------
1980 Fiat X1/9, HCR
2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo, STU
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chuckster
post Jan 1 2018, 06:27 PM
Post #2

Group: AZ Region Member
Member No.: 59

QUOTE (JLawson @ Jan 1 2018, 08:35 AM) *
Things are going to be challenging this year due to the loss of Bisbee-Douglas Airport as a venue.

So sorry to hear of loss of BDI.
That was a magical place to run with the best old WWll aged grip in all of AZ.
And I had just gotten a couple more locals from Sunsites interested in running there too!
They truly needed a better place to deposit Boxster and GT350R tire rubber than over at the Wilcox club track.

--------------------
Chuck Voboril

Every cloud has a silver lining
(except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium & Strontium 90)

+Quote Post
Ric
post Jan 2 2018, 04:07 PM
Post #3

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 1049

QUOTE (Chuckster @ Jan 1 2018, 06:27 PM) *
QUOTE (JLawson @ Jan 1 2018, 08:35 AM) *
Things are going to be challenging this year due to the loss of Bisbee-Douglas Airport as a venue.

They truly needed a better place to deposit Boxster and GT350R tire rubber than over at the Wilcox club track.

I love track days... but those folk at Indie are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too proud and want too much coin to lap their surface.

Losing BDI is an effing tragedy. It was there that the Hellcat didn't feel so big. Soooooooo back to the High School ? I hated it there when I was new because it was so tiny - but it really made you think about car position on exit more than most places I've been to.

Tams and I should be at the 1/7 event. My subbie is on 500 treadware ultra all season as I haven't gotten a new set of wheels yet - but the cat might show up if there is some warmer temps.

--------------------
R i c.P r u s s m a n
~15 Dodge Challenger Hellcat 6MT. FS
~17 Subaru STI. SM Autocross | M4 RallyCross

+Quote Post
Chuckster
post Jan 2 2018, 06:14 PM
Post #4

The High School was not my favorite either.
The curbs are too close and the surface is always dirty. You never knew when ur tire would pick up a discarded bellybutton ring- or something worse.

--------------------
Chuck Voboril

(except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium & Strontium 90)

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jan 3 2018, 06:22 AM
Post #5

Group: Steering Committee
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Chuckster @ Jan 2 2018, 06:14 PM) *
The High School was not my favorite either.
The curbs are too close and the surface is always dirty. You never knew when ur tire would pick up a discarded bellybutton ring- or something worse.

Any possibility of making an inroads with the Military Base? I seem to recall they have an airstrip that you guys once used. Or, maybe they have a suitable large parking area?

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2012 Honda Civic Si - H Street

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jan 4 2018, 04:00 PM
Post #6

We will be able to make this event. Looking forward to another one of Mike's great courses. Glenda enjoys them too, so bring your spouse or "SO".

For those who are able to venture down to Sierra Vista for this Solo Event on Airport concrete, its a fun trip. Some more youthful than I might be able to trek down and back in the same day, but for us, not so much. So we do the overnight Motel, dinner nearby, breakfast the next morning, and then out to the event Sunday morning. We are usually back home watching football by 3:00 or so.

Looks like clear sailing down and back as far as Freeway closures or construction! Yea! cool.gif

Hope to see a few "Northerners" there this weekend. Contact me for any Hotel or restaurant recommendations if needed. smile.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
Chuckster
post Jan 6 2018, 12:53 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (SMeyers @ Jan 4 2018, 04:00 PM) *
We will be able to make this event. Looking forward to another one of Mike's great courses. Glenda enjoys them too, so bring your spouse or "SO".

For those who are able to venture down to Sierra Vista for this Solo Event on Airport concrete, its a fun trip. Some more youthful than I might be able to trek down and back in the same day, but for us, not so much. So we do the overnight Motel, dinner nearby, breakfast the next morning, and then out to the event Sunday morning. We are usually back home watching football by 3:00 or so.

Looks like clear sailing down and back as far as Freeway closures or construction! Yea! cool.gif

Hope to see a few "Northerners" there this weekend. Contact me for any Hotel or restaurant recommendations if needed. smile.gif

Attached Image

Thanks for traffic report Scott!

BTW, should I ever look for an advance published course map for SV?

Hope to make it, but it will be close.
Maybe will take an all nighter.
Car has been apart for 2-1/2 years with many changes and I will need to start EFI, clutch, suspension, aero tuning all over again at this event.
The days of making 100's of runs in the street to tune the FM car are over!
This one also never ever been in this particular box trailer- not even sure it will fit- measurements with tape are right on the edge.

--------------------
Chuck Voboril

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jan 6 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #8

Sorry, only Phoenix publishes course maps beforehand. Long story.😉

Hope you do make it😎. Need a quality A-1 driver....😂

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
Chuckster
post Jan 6 2018, 08:25 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (SMeyers @ Jan 6 2018, 06:30 PM) *
Sorry, only Phoenix publishes course maps beforehand. Long story.😉

Hope you do make it😎. Need a quality A-1 driver....😂

You are too kind Scott. but 'fraid my national level days are probably over.

Had to abort this event.
Now too late now to drive 5.5 hrs and get to SV at 2 AM.
Newly installed Fuel pressure regular had a seeping leak and it ate too much time to find the leak.
Suspect crap non-US made AN fittings.
I now also know if I increase the angle of attack on the rear wing to tip it forward, the car will fit the trailer with 1/4" to spare!

--------------------
Chuck Voboril

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th February 2020 - 10:35 AM