Tire Rack

> Questions on Dec 8th sign up
Hapa88
post Dec 5 2018, 11:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 212942

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to autocross (I did one SCCA event back in El Toro in July 2011) and was in the process of signing up for this weekend's event but wanted to make sure I signed up correctly. I have a few questions:

1) What's my competition category? I'm not really looking to compete, just out for fun and time against myself. Should I go "Novice" or "Open"? What's the difference? I've done a number of HPDE events, though, and am a member of the NASA AZ group.

2) What's my SCCA Autocross Class? I tried reviewing the SCCA rule book, but it's not the easiest to digest...I have two potential cars I could bring and I'm leaning towards bringing out my 1995 Acura NSX. It has an aftermarket Supercharger, KW Coilovers, exhaust, aftermarket wheels/tires, a few parts from the Type-R model, among other things. From what I can tell it's probably one of these: B Street Class (BS), A Street Prepared (ASP), or F Prepared (FP)

The other car is 2008 Mazdaspeed3. It has an ECU Flash, intake, test pipe and exhaust. "Heavy Duty" shocks and I would plan to use AD08R tires and possibly upgraded pads (though I may get lazy for this time out). Everything else is stock. Seems like it would be one of these: G Street Class (GS), Street Touring Hatchback (STH), or D Street Prepared (DSP)

3) What time does the event end on Saturday?

Thank you all for your help! Looking forward to this Saturday and hope the weather cooperates!

--------------------
-Adrian
2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3
1995 Acura NSX-T
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2018 - 09:50 PM