Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> S2000 front anti-roll bar
David B
post Nov 2 2016, 09:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 66644

A few people have told me to look into getting a bigger front bar for the S2000. Read through some forums and some people use the eibach or other brands and then I learned the AP1 had 2mm bigger bars than the AP2 and some people will just run that. So I'm wondering what you S2000 drivers are running or what you're recommendation is. I looked at junkyards and the AP1 bars are about $65 (so way cheaper than an after market bar). Is 2mm enough or is it worth it to invest in the 32mm eibach bar? Thanks in advance!

David Beck
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HowdyZ06
post Nov 2 2016, 10:09 AM
Post #2

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 165637

I have no knowledge of S2K bars, but you should be looking at more than one measurement. Bar diameter, wall thickness, bar length, and lever arm length (technically angle of the arm too but it's close enough generally...). You need all measurements to make relative comparisons between the bar.

Usually people only talk OD and ID, which is generally close. The bar length is almost always the same or similar just because that's all the room there is under the car, it's hard to change. However, I have seen in the corvette for instance, that the aftermarket bars have a lever arm that is an 1" shorter which has a substantive effect on roll stiffness even if ID and OD are the same as another bar.

--------------------
David Howdyshell
2002 Corvette Z06
1999 Corvette, CAM-S(tupid)

+Quote Post
Ben Clement
post Nov 2 2016, 12:21 PM
Post #3

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=81
Get the smallest one.

+Quote Post
David B
post Nov 3 2016, 04:08 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 66644

Thanks for the explanation Ben. From the s2k forums, the OEM MY2000 front bar is 393lb/in vs 300lb/in in the MY2005. I haven't been able to find any information on how similar the bars are in shape but I would assume they are almost exactly the same (I did an RSX rear bar swap on my civic and they were the same shape). I've found my way to that Karcepts one before, looks like a really good option but very expensive which is why I'd like to go with the older OEM bar, I just don't know if it'll make a difference.

+Quote Post
Dave Rock
post Nov 4 2016, 09:48 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 79

I think that small of a bar change might not be noticeable unless you just need a small tweak. Most of the STR S2000 guys are at least 900-1200 lbs/in front bars.

--------------------
Amsoil Dealer
So many choices, not enough events.
2001 Corvette Z06 - CAM-S
2002 MR2 Spyder - STR - 2014 Mineral Wells ProSolo STR winner
2015 4C - SS

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2017 - 01:53 AM