Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Datsun 240z with a motor swap
DatsunFSU
post May 21 2020, 02:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 251339

Hi,

The rule book seems very confusing when it comes to a motor swap. I've got a 72 240z with a different manufacture (94 Supra TT -2JZGTE). The swap is mostly stock but as for the 240z has many other parts that wouldn't come factory (ie, cage, fuel cell, LSD, old school whale tail, big brakes). Is there such a class it would go to or a no class? Not looking to go to events outside of the Phoenix ones. If not, I may have to finish up my 260z with a 81 Datsun turbo swap in it. Thanks in advance.

James

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zuko305
post May 21 2020, 08:50 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 174657

Hi-

Try this class, XS-A or XS-B. Here are the rules; https://www.scca.com/articles/2013398-new-c...olo-competition

It's a really open class unlike other classes where simply changing to a CAI moves you to some really heady classes. Its designed specicially for local events & for folks to run what they brung w/o out getting buried waist deep in SCCA idiosyncrasies.

Can't wait to see you & your build at one of our local events. Don't forget some good tires - 200 UTOG, your experience will be much better than rolling up in some 400 UTOG all-seasons.

--------------------
Ben Zukowski
2001 Chevrolet Corvette - CAM-Sish

+Quote Post
DatsunFSU
post May 22 2020, 09:06 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 251339

Thanks. I was looking at that. The link in the page help simplify it for me. Class XS-B is probably the best since my Z weighs in around 2600 (est). The rule book went into the engine swaps in more details, but I believe I fall in on the sizes. Either way, I'll reread it again for this class. Only thing I need to finish off is the Dashboard and heater since this class says it is required. I should have that ready by next event in Sept. I'm running Potenza RE-71R tires (200), so I meet that requirement too.

For a front splitter, "No portion may be wider than the front bodywork (ahead of the doors including flaring).". I'll need to trim up the sides as my sticks out past the body about 2 inches on the sides. I left that there in case I needed more support to add additional splitter rods to the bumper

+Quote Post
Zuko305
post May 22 2020, 03:01 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 174657

If you are only competing locally, donít go modifying your ride too much, just bring it and have fun. RE-71ís are great choice. XS-A/B is an exhibition class designed to recruit folks who like to tinker & personalize w/o getting to bogged down in the GRC.

If you are planning to elevate your competition play to regional or national level events, the rules are the rules and must be followed exactly, otherwise protests are likely, if even the modifications are just cosmetic.

See you out there.

Ben Z.

--------------------
Ben Zukowski
2001 Chevrolet Corvette - CAM-Sish

+Quote Post
SSLance
post May 22 2020, 06:26 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 189796

QUOTE (Zuko305 @ May 22 2020, 03:01 PM) *
If you are only competing locally, donít go modifying your ride too much, just bring it and have fun. RE-71ís are great choice. XS-A/B is an exhibition class designed to recruit folks who like to tinker & personalize w/o getting to bogged down in the GRC.

If you are planning to elevate your competition play to regional or national level events, the rules are the rules and must be followed exactly, otherwise protests are likely, if even the modifications are just cosmetic.

See you out there.

Ben Z.

+1 what Ben said. Bring that stuff out and have some fun with it...

Look up the Classic American Muscle guys when you get there, we are the other basically no restrictions type of racers in the SCCA.

--------------------
Lance Hamilton
1985 Monte Carlo SS CAM T

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th July 2020 - 12:08 PM