Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> April 6th AMP UNOFFICIAL Results By Class
Kevin Rasmussen
post Apr 8 2019, 12:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 223728

Attached are the UNOFFICIAL results from Saturdays event.

OFFICIAL results will be posted within 3 weeks on the azsolo.com website.

Attached File  4_6_2019_results.pdf ( 29.64K ) Number of downloads: 146
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Apr 8 2019, 06:33 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 189796

Thanks Kevin...

Keith Lamming is shown in XP and should be in CAM T.

--------------------
Lance Hamilton
1985 Monte Carlo SS CAM T

+Quote Post
Wicked991
post Apr 8 2019, 07:00 AM
Post #3

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 40

For any newbies, this is not how the club score results, although we appreciate the effort getting some level of results out. Novices do not compete against folks running in sportsman. smile.gif

With a number of folks at a National event this weekend, results will take a little longer than normal, stay tuned

Kim

--------------------
Kim Kemper
Dark Side Racing

+Quote Post
Xrotaryguy
post Apr 8 2019, 07:29 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 425

Oh good! Lance beat me! I was worried someone might protest my car for not having an interior...

and having the engine at the wrong end
and being under weight
and having too short a wheelbase. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Brian Jackson

62 Chevrolet Corvair Rampside
65 Chevrolet Corvair Monza Convertible
95 BMW 325ic Convertible

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Apr 8 2019, 08:20 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Xrotaryguy @ Apr 8 2019, 07:29 AM) *
Oh good! Lance beat me! I was worried someone might protest my car for not having an interior...

and having the engine at the wrong end
and being under weight
and having too short a wheelbase. rolleyes.gif

That's pretty funny!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lance Hamilton

+Quote Post
snoxracer183
post Apr 8 2019, 09:43 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 221532

Eric Koehler and Megan Solinsky (currently scored in DS) can probably be removed from that class

We were in a 2019 Jaguar XE 25T AWD, which isnt officially classed by the SCCA so we dont want to screw up peoples seasons points in that class.

Not sure what class it should be in, but for sure not DS as that is way too fast of a class for it ha. We had fun at the event though! Thanks everyone.

--------------------
Eric Koehler - Milwaukee, WI Region SCCA

+Quote Post
Kevin Rasmussen
post Apr 8 2019, 10:22 AM
Post #7

Thanks for the updates on the class changes, I will try and update those later today.

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Apr 8 2019, 10:31 AM
Post #8

Group: Steering Committee
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Wicked991 @ Apr 8 2019, 07:00 AM) *
For any newbies, this is not how the club score results, although we appreciate the effort getting some level of results out. Novices do not compete against folks running in sportsman. smile.gif

But, gauging from the number of people confused by our extra Categories, might be the best scoring after all.

Nice to see more and more people figuring that out on their own, as we now have many choosing to just run by Open Class.

I don't know why the initial proof results were shown only by Pax Times, but I re-sorted back into our typical AZSolo Classing System. Any Category mistakes I found I showed in bolded GREEN, with the corrected Category shown after the ">".

Oh, as a Bonus, I also added your PAX Scores too, in addition to the Pax times. cool.gif

See below as PDF. I didn't even try to correct Classes. dry.gif Kevin, you have your work cut out for you........ Good luck. rolleyes.gif

For future reference....

TNT means no score, no Class, no trophy points, only raw times.
NV1 is for STOCK Cars
NV2 is for SCCA Classes that allow racing tires (Prepared, Modified, etc.) Even if you are on Street Tires.
NV3 is for all Street Touring SCCA Classed cars (Street Tires).

Attached File  4_6_2019_results_PROOF.pdf ( 48.92K ) Number of downloads: 76

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S .......(Really just a Miata with four doors and a trunk......and +500#)
Education is important. Race Cars are importanter

+Quote Post
Lou Young
post Apr 8 2019, 10:55 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 189398

QUOTE (SMeyers @ Apr 8 2019, 10:31 AM) *

Oh, as a Bonus, I also added your PAX Scores too. cool.gif

Is our club using the 2018 PAX factors or the official 2019 PAX factors? If I remember correctly, there were some adjustments. Just looking for clarity.

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Apr 8 2019, 12:04 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Lou Young @ Apr 8 2019, 10:55 AM) *
Is our club using the 2018 PAX factors or the official 2019 PAX factors? If I remember correctly, there were some adjustments. Just looking for clarity.

Fear not, this is April. Our fourth even of 2019, and to this point Jeff W has previously used the 2019 factors. Reasonably sure Kevin is using Jeff’s tools.

“Some adjustments? Some?😳 The release of the new Pax factors each year is more like an onslaught of neuroses over the many changes.😉

Looked like fun, sorry I had to miss this event.

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S .......(Really just a Miata with four doors and a trunk......and +500#)

+Quote Post
Kevin Rasmussen
post Apr 8 2019, 12:14 PM
Post #11

Yeah, I was using Jeff's tools.

There were some minor corrections that were needed with some of the data when I was compiling the unofficial results I posted.

As for 2018 vs 2019 PAX modifiers I have no clue which are used as it's whatever was in Jeff's spreadsheet.

The times I posted were already PAX times I believe.

Yes, Scott you missed out it was a fun day. The course was very rewarding to get just right in a few sections.

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Apr 8 2019, 03:47 PM
Post #12

Once all of these April Scores are corrected and finalized, then the SPRING 2019 Series Trophies will be ordered. Know that the budget for trophies was reduced, so there will be some differences in what can be ordered and presented.

Also, our prior efforts to create an "Awards Party" were not well attended, so we will not be doing that for this Series Awards. We will publish a list of the Trophy winners, and when the trophies will be available.

So, we then have three options for you to pick up yours:
  1. Present these at the next AZSolo Autocross Event, which will not be until SATURDAY September 14th at AMP. Yes, five months away. That is our next event.
  2. Or, if you attend Tucson Events, I could (with prior arrangement) deliver to winners at events there. Tucson DOES have events all summer at Marana Airport, and I do attend all of those.
  3. Or, I will likely have them stored here at my home in North Glendale, contact me to arrange coming by to pick up. Near 67th Ave and Greenway.

That's all we know at this time. smile.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
Lou Young
post Apr 8 2019, 04:57 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 189398

QUOTE (SMeyers @ Apr 8 2019, 12:04 PM) *
QUOTE (Lou Young @ Apr 8 2019, 10:55 AM) *

Fear not, this is April. Our fourth even of 2019, and to this point Jeff W has previously used the 2019 factors. Reasonably sure Kevin is using Jeff’s tools.

“Some adjustments? Some?😳 The release of the new Pax factors each year is more like an onslaught of neuroses over the many changes.😉

Looked like fun, sorry I had to miss this event.

Ah, okay. The numbers shown at http://pax.azsolo.com/ look like they still might be using the old factors. Jeff's tools must be doing something different. (Or I can't math.)

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Apr 8 2019, 05:31 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Lou Young @ Apr 8 2019, 04:57 PM) *
Ah, okay. The numbers shown at http://pax.azsolo.com/ look like they still might be using the old factors. Jeff's tools must be doing something different. (Or I can't math.)

Ah, OK, well, you know what they say about people who assume........ rolleyes.gif

I assumed that since Jeff had used the correct Pax Factors for the past events (yes, I did go back and make sure), that he would (of course) have applied those same 2019 Pax Factors to the "Real Time" Pax online system.

Fail. He apparently has not. So, good news, bad news.

Good news is that all of the Event results so far have been accurate. Bad news is that everything published using PAX numbers for this past Events in only this Real Time system have been using outdated Pax Numbers.

Don't know if Kevin R. can correct, or if we'll have to wait for Jeff W to do so.

Thanks for catching that. cool.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Apr 9 2019, 07:45 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (Kevin Rasmussen @ Apr 8 2019, 12:14 PM) *
Yes, Scott you missed out it was a fun day. The course was very rewarding to get just right in a few sections.

Yes, very fun course! It felt very fast but according to data top speed was way down from other course designs. Average speed was probably way up though as not very many hard braking spots at all. Nailing the last element before the finish was worth at least a second if not more...too bad I didn't figure that at until time only runs...

--------------------
Lance Hamilton

+Quote Post
MTP-Madmat
post Apr 10 2019, 09:46 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 179018

So although I would’ve loved to run a time like that in the Monte Pit the car wasn’t there. I was in Kevin’s CSP Miata. It was fast and very different than my big V8 but I think I’ll stick to my cam car. Thanks again for the ride Kevin.

--------------------
Mathew Leon
1978 Monte Carlo

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2019 - 11:02 AM