Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Phoenix Rallycross?
wannagofaster
post Aug 19 2015, 02:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 76

Has anyone looked into the Phoenix area for having an event? ET motor speedway, Wild Horse offroad area, Canyon Raceway or some other place? I also remember someone saying they had a place to go "practice." Just curious, and no I do not want to be the PHX guy. smile.gif

--------------------
Dave Lahey ~Team Wrinkles~ I drive, therefore I am.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brock
post Sep 8 2015, 05:14 PM
Post #2

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 1339

I vaguely remember that some sites in Phoenix were considered when the club was still looking for a first venue, but I don't know the details (or if any venues were contacted).

I'm not convinced a second venue with nearly identical dirt would be beneficial enough to the club to be worth actively pursuing. That said, if someone does pursue it, I'm sure you can count on the support of the Tucson group. I can take care of sanctioning and safety steward stuff.

In Prescott on the other hand, we do have someone who has contacted a few venues (which would be cool because of the climate, type of dirt, possibly snow, and increase in area covered). Farther north would be even better.

--------------------
Brock Palmer
Rallycross Danger Steward

+Quote Post
BWeikert
post Sep 9 2015, 05:47 PM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 42

I vaguely remember there being some issues with dust control in Maricopa county, but I was not directly involved so I don't know if it was a big county permitting issue, or site specific, and I don't have any idea what sites were actually being checked out.

--------------------
Brian Weikert

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 11:26 AM