4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canceling the May event
SMeyers
post Jun 20 2020, 09:31 PM
Post #61

Group: Steering Committee
Member No.: 4

At this time, looking like this will be our next closest “local” event for 2020.

If it happens, I will be there.

Sierra Sports Car Club Sunday, August 2 at Sierra Vista Municipal Airport
Online registration will open: Friday, July 24 at 7:00am.

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2012 Honda Civic Si - H Street
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nokones
post Jun 21 2020, 05:09 AM
Post #62

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 194203

I'm going to travel to events in other States. I can't sign up for the July 11th PCA event in Santa Maria because they reached their max-cap, the site can't handle too many entries. I'll sign up for the PCA event at Thunder Hill on July 18 and the SCCA event for the July 25/26 at Thunder Hill. I'm hoping that Nevada activates their Phase 3 Reopening so the Las Vegas SCCA Region will hold the July 11th Evening event. Its still on their schedule but, they have suspended the Registration on MSR. I'll probably drive my Grand Sport to those events instead of hauling the trailer around with my CAM car.

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S
&
2013 Corvette Grand Sport #(Whatever My Grid Spot Number is) A Street.

+Quote Post
jwharnish
post Jun 29 2020, 04:33 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 1076

QUOTE (Nokones @ Jun 21 2020, 06:09 AM) *
I'm going to travel to events in other States. I can't sign up for the July 11th PCA event in Santa Maria because they reached their max-cap, the site can't handle too many entries. I'll sign up for the PCA event at Thunder Hill on July 18 and the SCCA event for the July 25/26 at Thunder Hill. I'm hoping that Nevada activates their Phase 3 Reopening so the Las Vegas SCCA Region will hold the July 11th Evening event. Its still on their schedule but, they have suspended the Registration on MSR. I'll probably drive my Grand Sport to those events instead of hauling the trailer around with my CAM car.

Ran the Topeka Pro this past weekend, and the event went off without any real problems. Had delays due to weather, but virus precautions did not cause any issues. Wore mask, kept my distance, and did little socializing. Stayed in my RV, and had meals there as well.
Had a small turnout of about 137, so keeping distance was easy to do. Good event, and good to have some seat time. After about 12 runs, the rust started to go away.
On to Packwood next.

--------------------
Jim Harnish
88 CRX Si STS

+Quote Post
freakin_elrod
post Jun 29 2020, 07:27 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 64503

Must not have been much rust seeing as you trophied. Congrats and good luck at Packwood!

--------------------
Sid Elorde
2015 Focus ST
StreetTouringHeavyFWDsh*tbox

+Quote Post
RiBS
post Jun 30 2020, 02:31 PM
Post #65

Member No.: 207140

QUOTE (SMeyers @ Jun 20 2020, 09:31 PM) *

Have not had our meeting yet but:

Ducey:

Effective June 29, 2020, organized public events of more than 50 people are prohibited unless the city has approved the event, and only if adequate safety precautions are implemented, including physical distancing measures.

This order shall remain in place until further notice, and shall be reconsidered for repeal or revision every two weeks after July 27, 2020.

--------------------
Randy Schultz
2015 370Z F Street

+Quote Post
Zuko305
post Jul 6 2020, 01:48 AM
Post #66

Member No.: 174657

QUOTE (RiBS @ Jun 30 2020, 02:31 PM) *
QUOTE (SMeyers @ Jun 20 2020, 09:31 PM) *

Have not had our meeting yet but:

Ducey:

Effective June 29, 2020, organized public events of more than 50 people are prohibited unless the city has approved the event, and only if adequate safety precautions are implemented, including physical distancing measures.

This order shall remain in place until further notice, and shall be reconsidered for repeal or revision every two weeks after July 27, 2020.

Well it seems as long as a group is protesting the size shall not be limited.

--------------------
Ben Zukowski
2001 Chevrolet Corvette - CAM-Sish

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jul 6 2020, 07:23 AM
Post #67

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Zuko305 @ Jul 6 2020, 01:48 AM) *

Yes, that, or declare Group A as one “Event”, and then Group B as another, and so forth. Think about the logistics involved and its not too much of a stretch.

As with much that Ducey tries to do, the intent of his declaration is for small area venues with little opportunity to distance people. We have......acres, for our numbers.

It could easily be done safely and within the guidelines with a few adjustments.

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2012 Honda Civic Si - H Street

+Quote Post
S. Roberts
post Jul 6 2020, 03:38 PM
Post #68

Member No.: 172

QUOTE (SMeyers @ Jul 6 2020, 07:23 AM) *
QUOTE (Zuko305 @ Jul 6 2020, 01:48 AM) *

Yes, that, or declare Group A as one “Event”, and then Group B as another, and so forth. Think about the logistics involved and its not too much of a stretch.

As with much that Ducey tries to do, the intent of his declaration is for small area venues with little opportunity to distance people. We have......acres, for our numbers.

It could easily be done safely and within the guidelines with a few adjustments.

My vote is with Ben. Protesting would be a whole lot more fun than figuring out how to comply with Gov. Ducey's order. And, it would give me an opportunity to wear my new mask w/o offending somebody. Maybe a rooster.............. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Sharon Roberts

+Quote Post
Nokones
post Jul 6 2020, 04:02 PM
Post #69

Member No.: 194203

California essentially has the same guidelines and there are several SCCA Regions in California making it successfully work for them. One Region in Northern California has had several weekend events so far even in 100+ degree weather. Did AZ Border ever discuss/consider holding an event at AMP yet?

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S
&
2013 Corvette Grand Sport #(Whatever My Grid Spot Number is) A Street.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th July 2020 - 05:10 AM