Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nameless muffled track pipe for BRZ/FRS $100
cgroppi
post Dec 26 2018, 05:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 344

I decided to replace my track pipe with a slightly less loud dual outlet exhaust, so the track pipe is up for sale. I've gotten many complements on the sound, and it weighs a grand total of 5 lbs. I'll also throw in a FT-86 speed factory exhaust cover for the unused bumper outlet. This setup would cost $290 new.

Note, my track pipe has no tip on it, it's just a straight pipe with no exhaust tip, which is a pound lighter. I don't think nameless sells these anymore. If you have stock headers, this muffler is aggressive but not that loud. If you have catless headers like I do, it's pretty loud, but still passes AMP sound easily.

$100. I'll deliver to any upcoming Phoenix or Tucson event.

--------------------
Chris Groppi
2013 Subaru BRZ - STX
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FrinkBRZ
post Dec 30 2018, 12:45 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 206719

QUOTE (cgroppi @ Dec 26 2018, 05:19 PM) *
I decided to replace my track pipe with a slightly less loud dual outlet exhaust, so the track pipe is up for sale. I've gotten many complements on the sound, and it weighs a grand total of 5 lbs. I'll also throw in a FT-86 speed factory exhaust cover for the unused bumper outlet. This setup would cost $290 new.

Note, my track pipe has no tip on it, it's just a straight pipe with no exhaust tip, which is a pound lighter. I don't think nameless sells these anymore. If you have stock headers, this muffler is aggressive but not that loud. If you have catless headers like I do, it's pretty loud, but still passes AMP sound easily.

$100. I'll deliver to any upcoming Phoenix or Tucson event.

I might be interested. Am I right in that this is a cat back exhaust or no? I'm not ready to move to a higher class by replacing the entire exhaust system with one that has no cats. If it's just the cat back exhaust then I'm very interested. Let me know. Thanks!

--------------------
James Frink
2014 Blue BRZ. No mods. yet.

+Quote Post
cgroppi
post Dec 31 2018, 08:34 AM
Post #3

James,

This is an axle back. It just replaces the muffler unit behind the rear bumper. The cat remains untouched. Saves about 20lbs over stock.

--------------------
Chris Groppi
2013 Subaru BRZ - STX

+Quote Post
FrinkBRZ
post Dec 31 2018, 11:17 AM
Post #4

Well if it saves weight and sounds better, I'm in! Bring it to the next event and I'll try and remember I owe you $100. As far as installing, how easy is this to do? I'm not a genius when it comes to more complicated installs but I've replaced exhaust systems on Subaru WRXs of yore and they weren't beyond my abilities.

--------------------
James Frink

+Quote Post
cgroppi
post Dec 31 2018, 03:02 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (FrinkBRZ @ Dec 31 2018, 11:17 AM) *
Well if it saves weight and sounds better, I'm in! Bring it to the next event and I'll try and remember I owe you $100. As far as installing, how easy is this to do? I'm not a genius when it comes to more complicated installs but I've replaced exhaust systems on Subaru WRXs of yore and they weren't beyond my abilities.

It's two 14mm bolts, plus prying off the rubber exhaust hangars, which is easy if you spray a little WD40 in there before. Should take you 15 minutes.

I'll bring it to the next PHX event.

-Chris

--------------------
Chris Groppi
2013 Subaru BRZ - STX

+Quote Post
FrinkBRZ
post Jan 1 2019, 10:56 AM
Post #6

Thanks! I'll bring a $100!

--------------------
James Frink

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd February 2019 - 04:26 AM