Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rallycross Events, 2017 Schedule
DaveM
post Jun 8 2017, 11:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 112

Hello:

Now that I have retired from the "daily grind," I thought I would finally have some time to do a bit of work on my aged Nissan Sentra SE-R and go see / participate in some local rallycross action ... however, I can't find any information on the 2017 schedule. The "Rally Group" webpage seems way out of date, so is there anywhere else I can look up information? Please don't say to go to some kind of weird Facebook page ... like many people I don't do "social media!"

Thanks

--------------------
Dave Maxfield
Immanagh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Clement
post Jun 20 2017, 11:41 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

These are the proposed dates for the rest of the year:
September 16
October 14
November 11

posted on social media ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
DaveM
post Jun 20 2017, 12:57 PM
Post #3

Oh Dear!

I wonder who is missing the most, me and my fellow "old geezers" who shun any form of social media, or the organizations running events that think we media challenged folks are unimportant?

Many of us have spent the last twenty years working through the latest super-duper-gee-whiz computer crap touted by "the suits" as going to make our lives "easier." We have memorized ten zillion passwords using 393 digits, symbols and numbers in order to access these programs only to find they are the digital version of a lockable file cabinet and that someone has misplaced the key. Now retired we limit our mouse / keyboard / swiping activities to reading the news and trying to decide where to spend all that disposable income we earned while working for a living over the last 50 years. Seeing I cannot find where to do a rallycross within the dozen or so websites I use, I guess I'll just spend my cash elsewhere. Last year, instead of autocrossing I took my family on a Europe adventure and had a fantastic time back on the Isle of Man involved in the motorcycle races. So instead of rallycrossing, we're planning on multiple motorsport events, on two and four wheels "back home."

Anyone interested in a 1973 Nissan Sentra SE-R? And while I think about it, how about a "mildly CSP" 1992 Miata?

Bye

--------------------
Dave Maxfield
Immanagh

+Quote Post
HowdyZ06
post Jun 20 2017, 02:06 PM
Post #4

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 165637

The event location is on the rally group's website. The one you mentioned browsing in your original post. I found it using Google.

Or you could have just asked...

--------------------
David Howdyshell
2002 Corvette Z06
1999 Corvette, CAM-S(tupid)

+Quote Post
APEXLVR
post Jun 20 2017, 07:23 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1346

Wow, that escalated quickly. I'd skip autox/rallyx to go to Isle of Man too. You were given the information requested though, not sure what else you're looking for?

--------------------
Travis Kelley

2012 Specialized Crux Comp Apex: .917hp / 48.16 ft-lbs at 100RPM

+Quote Post
S. Roberts
post Yesterday, 06:13 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 172

QUOTE (DaveM @ Jun 20 2017, 01:57 PM) *
Oh Dear!

I wonder who is missing the most, me and my fellow "old geezers" who shun any form of social media, or the organizations running events that think we media challenged folks are unimportant?

Many of us have spent the last twenty years working through the latest super-duper-gee-whiz computer crap touted by "the suits" as going to make our lives "easier." We have memorized ten zillion passwords using 393 digits, symbols and numbers in order to access these programs only to find they are the digital version of a lockable file cabinet and that someone has misplaced the key. Now retired we limit our mouse / keyboard / swiping activities to reading the news and trying to decide where to spend all that disposable income we earned while working for a living over the last 50 years. Seeing I cannot find where to do a rallycross within the dozen or so websites I use, I guess I'll just spend my cash elsewhere. Last year, instead of autocrossing I took my family on a Europe adventure and had a fantastic time back on the Isle of Man involved in the motorcycle races. So instead of rallycrossing, we're planning on multiple motorsport events, on two and four wheels "back home."

Anyone interested in a 1973 Nissan Sentra SE-R? And while I think about it, how about a "mildly CSP" 1992 Miata?

Bye

I miss the posting days of Mark Shaw and Dave Webb. Reading the forums was never boring - annoying sometimes, but never boring. Thanks, Dave, for the entertainment!! And, congratulations on becoming a retired member of society! Life only gets better! laugh.gif

--------------------
Sharon Roberts

+Quote Post
stripethree
post Yesterday, 10:34 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 989

I'll check with the AZRG folks because if they add those events to MTC, even way early, then they will show up there and on the AZBR site.

I'll post on MySpace if/when I can make that happen. wink.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Jeff Israel
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32 - P4
2006 Honda S2000 - BS

Question about Mind the Cones? jeff@mindthecones.com

Question about the Arizona Border Region web site? webmaster@azbrscca.org

+Quote Post
DaveM
post Yesterday, 01:10 PM
Post #8

Thank you for your response Jeff.

And Sharon, are you the only person left in Arizona with a sense of humor? laugh.gif

--------------------
Dave Maxfield
Immanagh

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2017 - 04:52 PM