Azsolo.com · Results · Registration

Tire Rack

> New to AutoCross, Just some beginner questions
Austin Welles
post Mar 14 2019, 11:11 AM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 221719

Hello everyone! I've been avidly interested in racing for as long as I can remember and I recently got in touch with someone that recommended I reach out to this group.

I've never done any sort of real-life racing and don't know what to expect in amateur racing. I just wanted to review some expectations that I had and make sure I understand things correctly. I plan on signing up for the Apr 6th event and bringing just a base model 2012 Ford Fiesta. As far as I understand it, I would just need to sign up for the event and bring myself and my car and a helmet will be provided. And I would be starting out in either Open or Novice 1 class depending on which one I chose.

There were just a couple questions I had:
Will I simply be waiting for all the other events and driving my car on an empty track when it's my turn or is there more to it?
Since I'm new to this, what should I expect in terms of how guided the process is? Is the community used to new drivers?
Will the track be empty when I run? I think I heard my friend mention it's staggered with two cars on the track, but I can't remember.
Lastly, what are some common mistakes that new drivers tend to make so I can try and avoid becoming an example of what not to do?

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong but as long as your car is stock it should be H-Street car Novice 1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th March 2019 - 02:38 PM