IPB     IPB     IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )
Azsolo.com · Results · Registration

Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking for open wheel mod, Mod for sale?
Ncovi
post Mar 27 2019, 08:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 221446

Hello, we are currently looking for a mod for Autocross. We currently run CAM T but my wife and I are looking at a mod, possible f mod. I ha e heard there may be one or two in the Phoenix area. Does anyone have or know of one that might be for sale? Thank you
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Mar 27 2019, 09:28 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 189796

For the Glory!!! Sorry got excited there... biggrin.gif

Some friends of mine in the Kansas City Region dove into the F Mod game 4 or 5 years ago and have had a blast with it. If you want I'll ask that group if they know of any for sale. They are all a pretty tight bunch. Couple years ago they flew a replacement engine into Lincoln for Brad so he could finish out Nationals...

--------------------
Lance Hamilton
1985 Monte Carlo SS CAM T

+Quote Post
Ncovi
post Mar 29 2019, 07:19 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 221446

Hey, it is Nathan with the 69 firebird. That would be cool Lance, thank you. I was told a Dan H on this forum may have one for sale but cannot find him.

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Mar 29 2019, 07:40 AM
Post #4

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Ncovi @ Mar 29 2019, 07:19 AM) *
Hey, it is Nathan with the 69 firebird. That would be cool Lance, thank you. I was told a Dan H on this forum may have one for sale but cannot find him.

Hey Nathan, please add a signature line to your account. Thx.

I forwarded your message to Chuck Voboril, a local FM driver with a long history with same. Hoping he may have contact with others in his “community” who may know of cars for sale. Also check SCCAFORUMS Classifieds for possible leads.

Good luck.

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S "STS" .......(Really just a Miata with four doors and a trunk......)
Education is important. Race Cars are importanter

+Quote Post
kvenisn
post Mar 31 2019, 01:23 PM
Post #5

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 24

Try searching for DanH. wink.gif Not sure if he still has is or is selling it but he is on the forum.

--------------------
Kevin Venisnik
2018 AZ Region Solo Director

+Quote Post
cgroppi
post Apr 1 2019, 01:56 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 344

QUOTE (kvenisn @ Mar 31 2019, 02:23 PM) *

Try searching for DanH. wink.gif Not sure if he still has is or is selling it but he is on the forum.

DanH is on the schedule to be one of the SSS at the April event, so you should be able to find him in person.

--------------------
Chris Groppi
2013 Subaru BRZ - STX

+Quote Post
Chuckster
post Apr 2 2019, 08:35 PM
Post #7

Group: AZ Region Member
Member No.: 59

Hmm, just ran across this thread tonight.

I wasn't planing to sell my new FM solo car
-- it was a dream for me to design and build what I always planned as next step from my last FM car which was a highly modified Zink Z-19.
My last National championship in that car was in a field of 32 drivers and I was already experiencing loss of feeling in my feet, so my idea was to develop the car further to stay competitive since the feet couldn't be fixed tongue.gif
Anyway, I suppose I can instead concentrate on getting my BM car fully developed.
That car has only reached about the 88% performance point.

So, I have a F500 car that I've re-engineered for solo FM with a Rotax reed valve pro-built motor for sale.
It is partly finished with all the critical parts already machined or purchased to go with it.
The suspension geometry has been redesigned with all machining and welding finished on the front uprights
It has brand new 8.5" wide forged center rims for ALL 4 corners with brand new tires.
If you have been shopping for cars for solo, you may have noticed that very few can fit the legal max 8.5" rims up front without exceeding the max legal car width w/out making serious suspension mods.

The F500 car I have now for sale was totally rebuilt from the bare chassis by the previous owner before I started to mod it further.
The chassis was taken down to bare metal and powder coated.
As some of you may know, the floors of these cars have a hard life because of the stiff suspension twisting the chassis and loosening the floor or from running over rocks or curbs.
As a result, almost all used ones need to have a new aluminum floor pan made, then bonded to the chassis.
Mine has a new floor already on it.
I paid 9k for that car and have put 10k into the redesign so far.
Now open to offers.

I also have a separate dyno-time only pro-built motor.

The motor is a reed valve 493 (blue head) and not a rotary valve 494 (yellow head), so its carbs sit higher on the crankcase- thus, the reed valve motor would fit some chassis and rear suspension much better then the rotary valve version.

This is also a newer design from Rotax meant to replace the rotary valve 494.
However, replacement parts do not appear to be an issue yet for any of the Rotax 2-strokes.
These Rotax motor model designations are not the exact cc. The ones ending in 3 are reed valve like the 493 and the 593.
The 593 is newer still, but requires a restrictor plate and another 50 lbs over the the 493 and 494 in solo as well as in road racing.
The 593 looks exactly like the 493 except for a different color paint on the head.

I paid $4500 for that motor.
It was built by the most highly respected motor builder in F5 and FM, Brad Huling.
As is his practice, it got a brand new factory crank (not a rebuild, since a rebuild does not change the hours left to end of fatigue life) as well as rods, pistons, rings, etc.
Now open to offers.

There are other FM parts such as pipes, suspension, belts, and CVTs that I can sell as well.

Picture of car is as I received it before starting my mods.
Distorted picture is of the original road race rims which are 7 front and 8.25" rear width.
One of the rims is upside down from the others, so the red anodize is not showing on that one.
They are included as spares to the new 4x 8.5" rims and tires.
Trouble uploading some pictures without distortion, sorry.

The single rim and tire pictures are of one of the four 8.5" wide ones.
The suspension a-ams are part of a full set of new powder coated spares that come with the car.

-Chuck
cvoboril at msn dot com
928-756-2489
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Chuck Voboril

Every cloud has a silver lining
(except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium & Strontium 90)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2019 - 03:18 AM