2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Registration OPEN for Special Event - 5/6/17
Kim Possible
post Apr 20 2017, 10:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 2015

Registration is OPEN for our special event at the Bondurant Lake Loop Track! Be sure to read the event details in the link below so that you are aware of how this event will be run. Prices are increased as well.

Registration for this event CLOSES on Thursday, May 4th at 7pm.

http://www.azsolo.com/backup/index.php/events-info/220

--------------------
KIM JOHNSTON
DS/PAXL ~ 2006 MINI Cooper JCW
===========
* 1st Place - Spring 2009 - HS/NVL ~ 2005 Mazda3
1st Place - Spring 2010 - DSP/STL ~ 1995 240sx
1st Place - Spring 2014 - DS/PAXL ~ 2004 MINI Cooper
* 2nd Place - Spring 2016 - DS/PAXL ~ 2006 MINI Cooper JCW

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kvenisn
post Apr 30 2017, 01:19 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 24

Reminder to get registered. We have not had a chance to run at Bondo lake loop for some time and I am looking forward to it.

--------------------
Kevin Venisnik
2017 AZ Region Solo Director

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post May 1 2017, 05:30 PM
Post #3

Group: AZ Region Member
Member No.: 4

So why should you enter our Special Event this coming Saturday. Arizona Region Autocross Series are done until Fall, but still, you are secretly wishing you had one more event before you hibernate for the Summer.

Our Event at the Bondurant "Lake Loop" Road Course/Autocross is your wish come true. We can only get this once or twice a year, so try hard not to miss this opportunity.

It is an autocross event hosted on a small road course. Some pylons are strategically placed to keep speeds to autocross levels (think safety), yet still it has the feel and texture of running on a real road course.

In the picture below, we will be using the outer road course just inside of the red lines. Not too big, not too small, just right. cool.gif

Attached Image

Note also that the Bondurant Facility has massive shade structures, real air-conditioned bathrooms, and even barbecue sandwiches and drinks will be available to purchase thanks to the Johnson's family smoker-mobile being on site too. It does not get any better than this.

For this Special Event all drivers will be given run group preferences, so the earlier you get in your entry the more likely you will be assigned your run group choices. There are three Timed Groups (A/B/C), and two Time Only Groups (E/F). You only have to know your SCCA Car Class for this event, there will be no local "Competition Categories" to declare.

So yeah, no trophies, but a heck of a lot of FUN.

So, click HERE to enter.

Any specific Event questions, post here and we will find you the information you need.

See you there? smile.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2001 Mustang V-6 STP (I coulda had a V-8?)
Terlingua Racing Team
Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong -- Colin Chapman

+Quote Post
S. Roberts
post May 1 2017, 05:43 PM
Post #4

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 172

QUOTE (SMeyers @ May 1 2017, 06:30 PM) *
So why should you enter our Special Event this coming Saturday. Arizona Region Autocross Series are done until Fall, but still, you are secretly wishing you had one more event before you hibernate for the Summer.

Our Event at the Bondurant "Lake Loop" Road Course/Autocross is your wish come true. We can only get this once or twice a year, so try hard not to miss this opportunity.

It is an autocross event hosted on a small road course. Some pylons are strategically placed to keep speeds to autocross levels (think safety), yet still it has the feel and texture of running on a real road course.

In the picture below, we will be using the outer road course just inside of the red lines. Not too big, not too small, just right. cool.gif

Attached Image

Note also that the Bondurant Facility has massive shade structures, real air-conditioned bathrooms, and even barbecue sandwiches and drinks will be available to purchase thanks to the Johnson's family smoker-mobile being on site too. It does not get any better than this.

For this Special Event all drivers will be given run group preferences, so the earlier you get in your entry the more likely you will be assigned your run group choices. There are three Timed Groups (A/B/C), and two Time Only Groups (E/F). You only have to know your SCCA Car Class for this event, there will be no local "Competition Categories" to declare.

So yeah, no trophies, but a heck of a lot of FUN.

So, click HERE to enter.

Any specific Event questions, post here and we will find you the information you need.

See you there? smile.gif

Is there any danger of accidentally driving into the lake? Is the lake "Loop Lake" or "Bondurant Lake", or "Firebird Lake" or "Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Lake" or "Pat's Lake" or "Bob's Lake" or?????? Will it swallow up a Honda S2000? Should I wear scuba gear? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Sharon Roberts

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post May 1 2017, 05:54 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (S. Roberts @ May 1 2017, 06:43 PM) *
Is there any danger of accidentally driving into the lake? Is the lake "Loop Lake" or "Bondurant Lake", or "Firebird Lake" or "Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Lake" or "Pat's Lake" or "Bob's Lake" or?????? Will it swallow up a Honda S2000? Should I wear scuba gear? rolleyes.gif

For the "Novice Posters" here, notice I did not re-quote everything stated above over and over? A highly desirable skill.😉 It's called "snipping". cool.gif

For the more senior posters, bifocals highly recommended as the picture above clearly shows no water anywhere. We (SCCA) did not name this course, please contact Bob Bondurant directly for their rationale. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers
Terlingua Racing Team

+Quote Post
BWeikert
post May 1 2017, 07:14 PM
Post #6

Group: Admin
Member No.: 42

If Sharon does manage to somehow go off course far enough to drive into Firebird lake (or whatever it's called now), she should get some sort of a special prize. I'd be willing to pony up to pay for a gold plated (fake of course) diving flipper with some sort of suitably sarcastic award name engraved into the base if she pulls it off!

--------------------
Brian Weikert

+Quote Post
kvenisn
post May 1 2017, 08:27 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 24

Besides everything Scott listed we will have food there. Pat the Hot Dog Lady cannot make it but Josh's dad is going to be there selling delicious pulled pork sandwiches.

--------------------
Kevin Venisnik
2017 AZ Region Solo Director

+Quote Post
S. Roberts
post May 2 2017, 06:45 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 172

QUOTE (kvenisn @ May 1 2017, 09:27 PM) *
Besides everything Scott listed we will have food there. Pat the Hot Dog Lady cannot make it but Josh's dad is going to be there selling delicious pulled pork sandwiches.

Doug's BBQ is one of the best! Thank you!

--------------------
Sharon Roberts

+Quote Post
hatrick6
post May 2 2017, 04:51 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 710

Yay for Lake Loop track!

--------------------
"Maybe I should just buy a 240 and become a mad tyte drifter." - Hitler
Josh Johnston
AZ Region Director
1997 Honda Civic HX - STC
1995 Nissan 240sx SE - STC
2004 Mini Cooper - STF
2006 Mini Cooper JCW - DS

+Quote Post
Michael Perry
post May 2 2017, 09:05 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 163855

If you manage to end up in the "lake," you will have managed a miracle of screw ups.

+Quote Post
Deathsled2.0
post May 4 2017, 03:55 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 183110

Hey guys and gals! I'm new to AZ but not to autocross. I'm trying to register for this event - I spoke with Kevin who gave me the go-ahead based on my prior experience.

However, I'm having trouble getting logged in on Mindthecones.com. I've registered twice now, with different e-mail addresses and usernames, but it doesn't let me login after I submit the registration. It tells me invalid username or password. Does anyone have any advice? Should I be getting an email to complete registration? It's been about an hour and I've received none.

Thanks y'all!

--------------------
Dougie Fresh
2004 Subaru Forester XT - STU champ
2011 VW GTI - GS champ

2015 VW GTI PP DSG - GS virgin

+Quote Post
Project.D
post May 4 2017, 04:34 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 171788

Which entrance gate number is the Lake Loop?

--------------------
TJ Triolo
2014 Chevy Spark Daily Driver
1990 Miata STS

+Quote Post
Kim Possible
post May 4 2017, 05:23 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 2015

QUOTE (Deathsled2.0 @ May 4 2017, 03:55 PM) *
Hey guys and gals! I'm new to AZ but not to autocross. I'm trying to register for this event - I spoke with Kevin who gave me the go-ahead based on my prior experience.

However, I'm having trouble getting logged in on Mindthecones.com. I've registered twice now, with different e-mail addresses and usernames, but it doesn't let me login after I submit the registration. It tells me invalid username or password. Does anyone have any advice? Should I be getting an email to complete registration? It's been about an hour and I've received none.

Thanks y'all!

After you register, does it automatically take you to the info page, where it shows how much registration is and such? If so, that means you're all signed up. I've never gotten an email after registering. I do not know if others do or not though. As for invalid username/password, that would be something for the person who manages Mind The Cones. His name is Jeff Israel.

Just a reminder to everyone. Registration closes TONIGHT at 7PM. Don't forget wink.gif

--------------------
KIM JOHNSTON
DS/PAXL ~ 2006 MINI Cooper JCW
===========
* 1st Place - Spring 2009 - HS/NVL ~ 2005 Mazda3
1st Place - Spring 2010 - DSP/STL ~ 1995 240sx
1st Place - Spring 2014 - DS/PAXL ~ 2004 MINI Cooper
* 2nd Place - Spring 2016 - DS/PAXL ~ 2006 MINI Cooper JCW

+Quote Post
Deathsled2.0
post May 4 2017, 05:35 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Kim Possible @ May 4 2017, 06:23 PM) *

Thanks y'all!

After you register, does it automatically take you to the info page, where it shows how much registration is and such? If so, that means you're all signed up. I've never gotten an email after registering. I do not know if others do or not though. As for invalid username/password, that would be something for the person who manages Mind The Cones. His name is Jeff Israel.

Just a reminder to everyone. Registration closes TONIGHT at 7PM. Don't forget wink.gif

Unfortunately I can't get any further than the first page that tells me I have to sign up before registering. That sign-up doesn't work. I've emailed the site but doubt I'll get a response in time.

Hopefully I can still sign-up onsite, though I'll then likely be hit with the onsite registration penalty.

--------------------
Dougie Fresh
2011 VW GTI - GS champ

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post May 4 2017, 05:42 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Deathsled2.0 @ May 4 2017, 05:35 PM) *
Hopefully I can still sign-up onsite, though I'll then likely be hit with the onsite registration penalty.

Not if I can help that. wink.gif

Call me on my cell at four eight zero-319-1028. Ask for Scott.

It is now 5:41 and we're home from dinner.

I'll walk you through it. Sounds like you didn't "save" your registration. There is hope! beer.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers
Terlingua Racing Team

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post May 4 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Project.D @ May 4 2017, 04:34 PM) *
Which entrance gate number is the Lake Loop?

Same as usual. Gate #3. Just drive in and down to the Bondurant Facility at the end of that road.

We have only used the other entrance when there are multiple events there on the same day at the same time.

To my knowledge, that is not the case Saturday. cool.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers
Terlingua Racing Team

+Quote Post
Deathsled2.0
post May 4 2017, 06:02 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (SMeyers @ May 4 2017, 06:42 PM) *

I'll walk you through it. Sounds like you didn't "save" your registration. There is hope! beer.gif

Thanks for helping me out Scott! The only thing I did different was not using odd special characters in my password. I guess it didn't like them. Thanks again!!!

--------------------
Dougie Fresh
2011 VW GTI - GS champ

+Quote Post
renfield90
post May 4 2017, 08:14 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 532

QUOTE (Deathsled2.0 @ May 4 2017, 06:02 PM) *
QUOTE (SMeyers @ May 4 2017, 06:42 PM) *

Thanks for helping me out Scott! The only thing I did different was not using odd special characters in my password. I guess it didn't like them. Thanks again!!!

I'm letting the MTC admin know...he might ping you with questions.

--------------------
Manfred Reysser
2001 Celica GT - gone to the clearing at the end of the path
2013 FR-S

"As long as my car goes I drive it. I like racing to the limit, first and last." - Gilles Villeneuve

+Quote Post
stripethree
post May 4 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 989

Assuming you are Douglas Osborne, I see that you registered for the event. I'll respond to your email with more info and to see what we can do about the account access if that is still a problem.

MTC does not send emails when you register. However, once you see the confirmation page, you're good to go. Also, if you return back to the front page without logging out, you'll see confirmation of the event(s) you are registered for.

--------------------
Jeff Israel
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32 - P4
2006 Honda S2000 - BS

Question about Mind the Cones? jeff@mindthecones.com

Question about the Arizona Border Region web site? webmaster@azbrscca.org

+Quote Post
Deathsled2.0
post May 4 2017, 09:50 PM
Post #20

Yes, I was able to register! I replied to your email Jeff, and provided more detail.

I'm looking forward to making it out even if I don't have my RE71Rs with me yet!

--------------------
Dougie Fresh
2011 VW GTI - GS champ

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2017 - 08:22 PM