Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> (4) Federal RS-RR 235/40-17 (sticker set) $380
APEXLVR
post May 18 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 1346

Selling a new set (3 of 4 still have stickers!) of Federal RS-RR 200TW tires in 235/40-17. Bought them a few months back thinking that the GTI was going to trash tires so fast that I'd need something a bit more economical to keep playing. Turns out I'm probably not going to autox the GTI as much as I thought, so I need to trim some of the ridiculous tire piles I have mounting in the bedroom. And garage...

I LOVED the last generation RS-R, and felt it was *very* close to the top tier tires at the time. They wore extremely well on my GTI, and held up to two trackdays at Willow Springs with two drivers, a trackday at the kart track, a trackday at Inde Motorsports, and countless autocrosses. My previous experience led my to want to try the new generation, but I seriously just have too damn many tire in my house now. The only downside I've heard about the RS-RR is that they are very noisy on the street, kinda like a mud tire.

These sell for $438.92 shipped directly from Federal on Amazon, so I think $380 is pretty fair for brand new tires. They've been stored inside in a climate-controlled tire room with lots of other tires to keep them company.

Keep in mind that these run pretty dang wide for a 235.

https://www.amazon.com/Federal-RS-RR-Racing...deral+rs-rr+235

--------------------
Travis Kelley

2012 Specialized Crux Comp Apex: .917hp / 48.16 ft-lbs at 100RPM

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 05:27 AM