IPB     IPB     IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )
Azsolo.com · Results · Registration

Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Registration is OPEN for Event #4 - December 17th @ AMP!
Kim Possible
post Dec 3 2017, 10:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 2015

Registration is OPEN for the final event of the season, event #4! Sunday December 17th!
Link below:

http://www.mindthecones.com/index.html

--------------------
KIM JOHNSTON
DS/PAXL ~ 2006 MINI Cooper JCW
===========
* 1st Place - Spring 2009 - HS/NVL ~ 2005 Mazda3
1st Place - Spring 2010 - DSP/STL ~ 1995 240sx
1st Place - Spring 2014 - DS/PAXL ~ 2004 MINI Cooper
* 2nd Place - Spring 2016 - DS/PAXL ~ 2006 MINI Cooper JCW

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Dec 3 2017, 05:12 PM
Post #2

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 189796

Hopefully someone here can help me out with a quick question before I sign up. I'm a recent AZ transplant from the Midwest (Kansas City Region) with plenty of SCCA Solo experience. Which "Competition Category" should I choose and what exactly does each choice mean? Obviously I'm not worried about season points right now as this is last event of year but starting next season I might be interested in such. I'll be in a CAM T car if that makes a difference.

Thanks and can't wait to run in your Region...

Edit: So I found the rules...

http://www.azsolo.com/backup/docs/AZSolo_How_To.pdf

Now, How can I find if any other CAM T cars are registered? Or should I just chose Sportsman?

--------------------
Lance Hamilton
1985 Monte Carlo SS CAM T

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Dec 3 2017, 05:56 PM
Post #3

Group: AZ Region Member
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (SSLance @ Dec 3 2017, 05:12 PM) *
Now, How can I find if any other CAM T cars are registered? Or should I just chose Sportsman?

Since it's just one event, no trophy pressure (i.e., for fun), it really does not matter.

No you can't find out who else might also register for your Class until the Run/Work Order gets posted. A few days before the Event.

That said, what *I* do is always register for my Open Class, hoping to lure (uh, I mean "encourage") others to do the same. wink.gif

You can look at the three past events and see if anyone had previously run that Class in any Category, to try to gauge what your chances are.

If you in the future really must have some form of competition, the only way to guarantee that would be to sign up for one of the Paxed Categories; CAM-T/PAX3 or Sportsman. Sportsman is where the Big Dogs play........ be aware. tongue.gif

Last event a Tommy Tommerdal (1967 Chevrolet Camaro) ran CAM-T Open and Paxed 950; a very good score. If he's back out, get together this next event and form a plan. Seems like that's what other Classes are trying to do (like STS).

Hope this helps. cool.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2001 Mustang V-6 CAM-C (I coulda had a V-8?)
Terlingua Racing Team
Be decisive. Right or wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision.

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Dec 4 2017, 10:14 AM
Post #4

Thanks Scott... In the KC Region we all just ran in our respective classes so this is all new to me. I'm not really in it for the trophies or class wins...but I do like a little friendly competition and smack talk between runs to egg each other on. I used to step up a class and run in CAM C there just because I had several close friends in that class that I'd raced with for years and was pretty competitive with them time wise.

If I choose "open" when the results are posted after can I still see raw times for everyone that ran as well as PAX times for all?

--------------------
Lance Hamilton

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Dec 4 2017, 10:51 AM
Post #5

Thatís why I promote running by Class whenever possible. The commaraderie and level playing field is a plus for me.

Yes, our results show all Classes and Categories (with PAX times and best runs), plus we have a re-sorting tool where you can rearrange by overall PAX, overall Top Time, and also by Classes of your choice.

The link to our results is at the top of this page. Check it out and play with it some.

Also, for each event afterward, I personally post here as FYI and chuckles our event results unofficially by Class. Itís like a hobby of mine.😉

Look me up at the event. Iíve got the red Ď01 Mustang V-6 running Cam-C.

See you then.

QUOTE (SSLance @ Dec 4 2017, 10:14 AM) *
Thanks Scott... In the KC Region we all just ran in our respective classes so this is all new to me. I'm not really in it for the trophies or class wins...but I do like a little friendly competition and smack talk between runs to egg each other on. I used to step up a class and run in CAM C there just because I had several close friends in that class that I'd raced with for years and was pretty competitive with them time wise.

If I choose "open" when the results are posted after can I still see raw times for everyone that ran as well as PAX times for all?

--------------------
Scott Meyers
Terlingua Racing Team
Be decisive. Right or wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision.

+Quote Post
MTP-Madmat
post Dec 4 2017, 08:17 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 179018

I will be there running CAM-T NV3 in my Monte Carlo. And I believe Tommy will be there in his camaro running CAM-T open

--------------------
Mathew Leon
1978 Monte Carlo

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Dec 4 2017, 08:31 PM
Post #7

Oh my goodness, is that a third gen Monte I see in your avatar? My first car was a 78 Monte and I have a real soft spot for them

See ya there..

--------------------
Lance Hamilton

+Quote Post
MTP-Madmat
post Dec 5 2017, 07:04 AM
Post #8

Yes it is. 1978. Iíll be running time only. Hit me up for a ride along. Also have some videos on YouTube MTPocketsproduction

--------------------
Mathew Leon
1978 Monte Carlo

+Quote Post
Tommy Tommerdal
post Dec 7 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 177683

Ill be there, can't wait until we get more people in CAM-T smile.gif

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Dec 9 2017, 09:42 PM
Post #10

Sweet, glad there will be some other CAM T cars to run with.

How does the AZ Region do car Numbers? I watched a video and it said a number is put on the car windshield and that tells you where to park in grid. Do we also run class and numbers on the sides of each car? I have magnets so not an issue, but kind of sounds like that is not how this Region does things?

I may have a co-driver as well, which I'm assuming will also figure in to the nubmer question and where to park in grid?

Can't wait!! Now just have to fix the ailing Alternator before Sunday.

--------------------
Lance Hamilton

+Quote Post
Wicked991
post Dec 9 2017, 10:10 PM
Post #11

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 40

QUOTE (SSLance @ Dec 9 2017, 09:42 PM) *
Sweet, glad there will be some other CAM T cars to run with.

How does the AZ Region do car Numbers? I watched a video and it said a number is put on the car windshield and that tells you where to park in grid. Do we also run class and numbers on the sides of each car? I have magnets so not an issue, but kind of sounds like that is not how this Region does things?

I may have a co-driver as well, which I'm assuming will also figure in to the nubmer question and where to park in grid?

Can't wait!! Now just have to fix the ailing Alternator before Sunday.

no class or car numbers on sides of car, you and co-driver will be assigned grid spots and numbers. When run/work is posted on the forum you and co-driver will be informed of your work assignment, car number and run group. This information is also on the registration form you get at the registration table. When your car is techíd car numbers will be written on windshield.

--------------------
Kim Kemper
Dark Side Racing

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Yesterday, 09:08 AM
Post #12

Great... Thanks!

--------------------
Lance Hamilton

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Yesterday, 03:52 PM
Post #13

Note that at AMP your carís first time out you must take a ďsound checkĒ test run prior to competing. Happens about 8:30am or so, takes a few minutes. One acceleration run past their sound meter down on their track. You pass, you get a sticker for your door. Good to go for all following events there.👍

--------------------
Scott Meyers
Terlingua Racing Team

+Quote Post
Smithers0990
post Yesterday, 07:02 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 190536

Registered and Paid!

Canít wait!!

+Quote Post
MTP-Madmat
post Today, 07:24 AM
Post #15

I thought I read somewhere that the club scales will be at the next even for a weigh day. Is there going to be a fee to use them? If so about how much? I know my car is probably going to be very front heavy but Iím also curious as to the overall weight.

--------------------
Mathew Leon
1978 Monte Carlo

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Today, 08:09 AM
Post #16

QUOTE (MTP-Madmat @ Dec 11 2017, 07:24 AM) *
I thought I read somewhere that the club scales will be at the next even for a weigh day. Is there going to be a fee to use them? If so about how much? I know my car is probably going to be very front heavy but Iím also curious as to the overall weight.

Iím interested too...... Would like to hear some details please.

In the past simple corner-weighing was $5.00 cash.

--------------------
Scott Meyers
Terlingua Racing Team

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 10:11 AM