Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Bumper
Shems
post Jan 10 2018, 01:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 191504

I am getting my front bumper repainted on my 2001 Miata, and I also put on a new exhaust that comes out of the middle so I don't have a rear bumper either.
I won't have time to cut my rear bumper and put it on before Saturday, and my front bumper won't be ready either. Would I be able to still race my car without a front or rear bumper this weekend?

Cheers,
Shems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jahoney
post Jan 10 2018, 03:47 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 174480

QUOTE (Shems @ Jan 10 2018, 02:25 PM) *
I am getting my front bumper repainted on my 2001 Miata, and I also put on a new exhaust that comes out of the middle so I don't have a rear bumper either.
I won't have time to cut my rear bumper and put it on before Saturday, and my front bumper won't be ready either. Would I be able to still race my car without a front or rear bumper this weekend?

Cheers,
Shems

This is only a guess, but I would say probably yes, but most likely it wouldn't be in the class you would normally run in, based on "modifications".

Should probably get the input of one of the veterans though.....or at least someone smarter than me, lol!

--------------------
Josh Mahoney
1990 Mazda Miata MX-5 STS
1991 Mazda Miata (Unleashing yet TBD)
THE Jahoney

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jan 10 2018, 04:11 PM
Post #3

Group: AZ Region Member
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Jahoney @ Jan 10 2018, 03:47 PM) *
Should probably get the input of one of the veterans though.....or at least someone smarter than me, lol!

I'll give this a shot.

First, what Class would it normally be in? I'm going to guess a Stock Class? And then, what Category? Open, PAX, what?

So, given your "modifications", I think you'd be a perfect fit for our new Local Class, "UGLY/STREET". wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif J/K.

So much for an attempt at humor. rolleyes.gif

Back on the serious side, register for whatever Class and Category you would normally run, and see if anyone cares. Ask some people in your Class that day if they have an issue. Certainly you are not doing this for a "competitive advantage", but "Life" got in your way at a bad time.

Worst case, you would have to change classes for one event (maybe), and still have your final three events to score points in your "real" Class.

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2001 Mustang V-6 CAM-C (I coulda had a V-8?)
Terlingua Racing Team
Be decisive. Right or wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision.

+Quote Post
phxsteele
post Jan 10 2018, 04:50 PM
Post #4

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 1994

Also make sure there is nothing loose on the front or back. Zip tie up wires etc.

--------------------
Chris Steele
Chief of Tech
2012 MINI Cooper S Coupe
DS/Pax 1

+Quote Post
Shems
post Jan 10 2018, 11:40 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 191504

Okay thank you all! I am very new to this and I don't think anybody will be worrying about me. Ill double check on Raceday if I should change my class.
See you on the grid!

+Quote Post
hatrick6
post Jan 11 2018, 06:48 PM
Post #6

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 710

Chris Steele is the final word on this one, but as long as nothing is loose and your competitors are ok with it (its technically not allowed in class) then its fine.

--------------------
"Maybe I should just buy a 240 and become a mad tyte drifter." - Hitler
Josh Johnston
AZ Region Director
1997 Honda Civic HX - STC
1995 Nissan 240sx SE - STC
2004 Mini Cooper - STF
2006 Mini Cooper JCW - DS

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 01:04 PM