IPB     IPB     IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )
Azsolo.com · Results · Registration

Tire Rack

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Register Now for Az Solo Awards and Social Brunch, Saturday Afternoon June 23rd at Gallagher's
SMeyers
post Jun 3 2018, 01:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 4

OK, the poll showed that a Saturday Afternoon was favored, so we listened. Saturday June 23rd from 12:00noon to 3:00pm.

Anyone may come. Not just Trophy Winners. It's as much of a social opportunity/occasion as anything. cool.gif Hope to see many of you there. Bring a spouse, friend, co-driver, "Plus-Ones". The room will hold up to 90 people. plenty of room. It is a dedicated side room.

Any questions, please ask publicly here so everyone can benefit. I may have forgotten a detail or two. It's been a while since I've organized one of these. smile.gif

Specific details in the flyer below, but here's some extra ones:

Easy to get to. Right off the Freeway. Use the SR51 to the Glendale exit, go West to 16th Street, then North 1/2 mile to the Restaurant (on the right). Before Morten.

When you go to Mind The Cones to "Register" for this Special Event, you have to declare in a drop-down "Special Event". No need to do any cars or classing (duh).
  • In the Registration Comments section lower down, enter your name and any guest names there. NO NEED to register anyone separately.
  • If you pay using PayPal, pay the total for you and any guests there. Also, in their info window, please re-list those names.
  • If you pay by check, include your name and any guest names there too. Like a double-check. Yeah, I'm thinking name stickers at the door. wink.gif
  • PARKING: The main lot has sixty spaces, but it is shared. At least half should be available, but there are more on the side and out back.
  • We have a firm CUT-OFF DATE of Wednesday June 20th, by 3:00pm. We need to let Gallagher's know how many to plan for.

Snapshot shown, PDF included.

Attached File  SoloBrunchFinal.pdf ( 404.58K ) Number of downloads: 28

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street
My 2001 CAM-C Mustang now for sale - $5500 to any local Car Club member
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Jun 4 2018, 07:50 AM
Post #2

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 189796

I am sorry that I am going to have to tentatively pass for now. We have an out of town camping trip planned with friends that weekend. The wife is bummed because she wanted to meet more Phoenix people, so we may try to adjust our plans...just not sure if the rest of our camping party will be able to adjust at this point.

Thanks for the hard work on this Scott and others...I hope for the best for the event (whether I make it or not).

--------------------
Lance Hamilton
1985 Monte Carlo SS CAM T

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jun 4 2018, 08:43 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (SSLance @ Jun 4 2018, 07:50 AM) *
.........just not sure if the rest of our camping party will be able to adjust at this point.

Thanks for the hard work on this Scott and others...I hope for the best for the event (whether I make it or not).

I'm trying to reestablish the expectation for and tradition of having an "Awards Social/Meal" Event about four weeks after every Series. So this "Special Event" is a re-introduction and acquaintance with that tradition. It may be that this is a nice touch that many want and look forward to, or it may be that those times have past and just handing out the trophies at an event is enough.

The more notice folks have beforehand, the better. Gives people time to adjust and plan around other conflicting activities. It's been almost eight weeks now from the end of that last series, so this is actually a little overdue. I could not say anything earlier, because this process no longer existed.

Now that the "wheel" (so to speak wink.gif ) has been "re-invented", hopefully we can get everyone to look forward to this happening somewhere after each Series. Or not.

I also hope that many use this just as an excuse to get together and socialize together. It's not just about the trophies. cool.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
freakin_elrod
post Jun 5 2018, 08:15 AM
Post #4

Group: Steering Committee
Member No.: 64503

Come, hang out, and have some grub while you get to chit chat with the folks you run with monthly in a setting where you dont have to worry about tire pressures, suspension settings, or DNFing!

--------------------
Sid Elorde
2015 Focus ST
StreetTouringHeavyFWDsh*tbox

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jun 8 2018, 02:32 PM
Post #5

Update on Awards Brunch and Social....

"Entries" are coming in, the list is beginning to grow. We have room for 90 people, so don't worry, we will have a spot for you.

Looking forward to meeting many of you in a strictly social setting, free of assignments, run groups, suspension adjustments and the like. This will be a fun, social occasion open to everyone and friends and family. At a cost of only $5.00 per person, you simply can't go wrong.

Gallagher's is a Sports Grill, so casual is the name of the game. Anyone who dresses up may be charged extra. wink.gif

As a "teaser", here are a couple of pictures relative to our afternoon occasion. Hoping many of you choose to join us, trophies or not! cool.gif

First, the room at Gallagher's, and then sample Trophies. The two-figure trophies are for first place, the single-figure ones are for second, third and fourth. I think the Trophy Shop did a nice job with the presentation and plaques. Hope you like them.

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
JMP
post Jun 8 2018, 05:52 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 191370

Can you bring some AZ Solo Goodies to the Social Brunch. I'd like to buy a tee shirt. The trophies look great! Thank you.

--------------------
John Prieve

+Quote Post
Wicked991
post Jun 8 2018, 06:27 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 40

QUOTE (JMP @ Jun 8 2018, 06:52 PM) *
Can you bring some AZ Solo Goodies to the Social Brunch. I'd like to buy a tee shirt. The trophies look great! Thank you.

Not sure if the club has any merchandise in stock, I think the Goodie Store position is available/open

--------------------
Kim Kemper
Dark Side Racing

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jun 8 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Wicked991 @ Jun 8 2018, 06:27 PM) *
Not sure if the club has any merchandise in stock, I think they Goodie Store position is available/open

I do not have access to whatever merchandise is left over from the last Goodie Store folks. But, the Club is always looking for new people who would like to help make our events a little more special.

Officers (like "Goodie Store Manager") must be full SCCA members. Ideally they should have been attending events a few years too, so they know enough people (and known by a few too) and how the process works. Something you or others could grow in to. Anyone interested in learning more, chat us up at the Brunch. Should be a few Officers roaming around. cool.gif

Thanks for asking. smile.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jun 9 2018, 12:44 PM
Post #9

Reminder that the $5.00 cost of this Awards Luncheon covers everything. Burger/sandwich, sides, and a soft drink or tea.

It also covers tax and tip!!!! Seriously. Five bucks. That's it! beer.gif (Well, except for the beer implied in this emoji......that does cost extra).

All you have to provide above the five dollars is...... you. Bring your stories (real or imagined wink.gif ), updates on what you've done to your car lately, or in preparation for next season. If you won a trophy, brag a little. If you didn't, whine some, or offer lame excuses. tongue.gif

It's all for fun, after all. cool.gif

If you're coming, register at an early opportunity on Mind The Cones. For each group, we just need one MTC "Entry", but please list the names of any others coming with your group in the "notes to registrar" section. We'll make our attendee list from that.

If you pay by our PayPal account, declare the total there for your whole group, and please (again) list those names of your guests one more time. Like a double-check. If you are paying by check, mail to the address shown above (me), and include there please your name and the list of your guests.

Please make sure you sign up before Wednesday June 20th at 12noon (that's when Mind The Cones closes). The flyer said 3:00, but Mind The Cones has the final say.

That's it! Hope to see you there. smile.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
S. Roberts
post Jun 9 2018, 02:10 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 172

First, the room at Gallagher's, and then sample Trophies. The two-figure trophies are for first place, the single-figure ones are for second, third and fourth. I think the Trophy Shop did a nice job with the presentation and plaques. Hope you like them.

Attached Image

[/quote]

Scott - really like those quite unique trophies, even though there isn't one with my name on it! Good job. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Sharon Roberts

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jun 13 2018, 05:51 AM
Post #11

OK, we are one week from the cut-off for entering this "Special Event". We need to have all entries and payments by next Wednesday by noon so Gallagher's has time to plan for us.

Please enter on Mind The Cones as described above (putting all attendees names in the Note To Registrar field). Then pre-pay by using the Club PayPal account or by sending me a check, as described above.

EVERYONE and friends are invited, this is meant to be a social gathering for all as much as an Awards Presentation.

Can't recall if you Trophied or not? Fear not, here is the list. If you've been putting this off, now would be a great time to get your entry in. Hope to see you there.

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jun 16 2018, 09:52 AM
Post #12

Getting some new Brunch entries pretty much every day. Thank you.

Please have all "entries" to me by noon next Wednesday if you would please. Would not turn anyone away, but I need to give Gallagher's a number by then.

Some are not "entering" through Mind The Cones, just through check or PayPal. No problem. As long as we have the names and money, I can keep track.

Reminder of the menu available. See below.

We have selected two basic Menu items, fully paid for. The three option burgers, and the Philly. All come with sides and regular drink, tip and taxes paid. BUT, all other items on their menu are available to us, but you just would pay any difference. Really nice of them to do this for us. Most places wouldn't. cool.gif

If you're "on the bubble" about coming, give it some more thought. It will be a fun and relaxing time to see your friends and talk cars. beer.gif Oh yeah, trophies are being handed out too. wink.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jun 16 2018, 02:13 PM
Post #13

Bump.....
QUOTE (SMeyers @ Jun 16 2018, 09:52 AM) *
Getting some new Brunch entries pretty much every day. Thank you. One week from today!

Please have all "entries" to me by noon next Wednesday if you would please. Would not turn anyone away, but I need to give Gallagher's a number by then.

Some are not "entering" through Mind The Cones, just through check or PayPal. No problem. As long as we have the names and money, I can keep track.

Reminder of the menu available. See below.

We have selected two basic Menu items, fully paid for. The three option burgers, and the Philly. All come with sides and regular drink, tip and taxes paid. BUT, all other items on their menu are available to us, but you just would pay any difference. Really nice of them to do this for us. Most places wouldn't. cool.gif

If you're "on the bubble" about coming, give it some more thought. It will be a fun and relaxing time to see your friends and talk cars. beer.gif Oh yeah, trophies are being handed out too. wink.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jun 20 2018, 04:57 PM
Post #14

Hey everyone, the Mind The Cones Registration for this Saturday Afternoons Social/Awards Brunch will close at 9:00 tonight (that's Wednesday). Please make sure everyone coming with you is listed in the MTC notes section so we know who to look for. You'll all check in via name tags, so the servers know who's with our group. We are getting very good price just for us. cool.gif Yes, we are special. beer.gif

You can pay with PayPal (only $5.00 a person total!), or mail me a check, although the mailing timeline might be getting a little tight now at this late time. Probably still OK if mailed local.

As usual, entries are rolling in right before the deadline, but that's OK. Glad you could clear a little time to come and have some fun and relax around your car friends. We'll try to do more of these socials even without trophies. wink.gif

We are approaching 40 attendees, a good number for not having done this for a while. We did save room just for you.

We've scheduled three hours, 12noon until 3:00pm......not too little, not too much, just about right. wink.gif

Hope to see you there.

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jun 21 2018, 08:28 AM
Post #15

OK, here's the list of attendees.

Let me know if there are any errors or omissions.

Question on the Shems Beblawi "Entry". Two paid for, but now four showing on Mind The Cones. Late additions, or just an error? Please let me know ASAP.

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jun 21 2018, 06:02 PM
Post #16

Looking pretty easy to get to the Brunch Saturday at noon.

See y'all there. cool.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
Jim Boller
post Jun 22 2018, 06:20 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 2598

Scott you seriously knocked it out of the park with the trophies!! Nice work. See you guys tomorrow.

--------------------
Jim Boller
Site Liaison
2010 Corvette Grand Sport

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jun 22 2018, 06:46 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Jim Boller @ Jun 22 2018, 06:20 PM) *
Scott you seriously knocked it out of the park with the trophies!! Nice work. See you guys tomorrow.

Thanks, Jim. Appreciate that. Looking forward to a nice time with you guys (and gals).

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jun 23 2018, 07:11 AM
Post #19

OK. Final, final tally.

See y'all there later. cool.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jun 23 2018, 08:56 AM
Post #20

If any Trophy winner just wants to stop by and pick up their trophy, but not stay for the meal, perfectly OK.

If you can't make this, they will be at the next AZSolo Event September 16th at AMP. I have no room in the Mustang to take
to Marana tomorrow. Sorry. Delivering a set of tires.

EDIT - I could fit a few select trophies for tomorrow if you PM or Email me before 6pm tonight (Saturday). Your job to hunt me down at Marana.

If you wanted to stop by and pick up from me before September, I live near 67th Ave. and Greenway (85306) in Glendale. PM or Email from my Forum profile to arrange.

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th August 2018 - 08:33 PM