Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Registration Open For Fall Series Event #1, Sunday September 16th at AMP
SMeyers
post Sep 2 2018, 03:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 4

The Fall 2018 AZ Solo Autocross Series

Perhaps youíve noticed, registration has opened now for the first event of our Fall Autocross Series. There are four events, one each Fall month.

ē Sunday September 16th (Event details HERE)
ē Sunday October 7th
..............(NOTE Ė Saturday November 24th is a special Solo Driversí School; details later (NOT part of this Series)
ē Sunday November 25th
ē Sunday December 9th

All are at Arizona Motorsports Park. Mark your calendars now so you can fit us in to your recreational activities. WAY better than watching others do sports on TV. cool.gif

Click HERE to enter. You will need to create an account if you have not done so before. Easy. Finally, the earlier you register, the more likely you will get the Run Group you request. Do it nowÖÖ more_cowbell.gif

You must enter three of the four Events if you are chasing a Trophy. Only the top three scores count towards any reward (in case you canít make one event).

SCCA MEMBERSHIPS

If you are one who enters more than just a couple of events, there is a Membership Discount on your entry fees that you should consider. A full SCCA Membership costs $90 (and $35 off that if you are active Military). $70 National Membership fee, and $20 Local Region fee.

There is a $10 discount each event that you run if you are a member (here and Tucson and Sierra Vista)!!! So, if you enter most of our events (and even some Tucson Events), a membership pays for itself. AND, you get discounts, the SCCA SportsCar Magazine, and more. Also, members are eligible to help the Club by holding one of our Club positions.

That, and NO TEMPORARY MEMBERSHIP FORM to fill out at each event. Hey, one less line! In fact, if you prepay via PayPal, there would only be Tech to deal with.......unless you did ďYearly TechĒ ohmy.gif . Then NO LINES at the events. beer.gif

Click HERE for full information on costs and all benefits. (Donít click the link on our Website, it does not work).

Any questions, please ask here. smile.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street
Education is important. Race Cars are importanter
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scott Urich
post Sep 2 2018, 08:17 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 189839

Calendars been marked for dates, but I wonít be there for the Oct 7th one doing my first Match Tour in NM

--------------------
Scott U
GS VW GTi

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Sep 4 2018, 04:28 PM
Post #3

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 189796

I might have used all my stuff up last weekend at Inde... I'm working on replacing it in time though...

--------------------
Lance Hamilton
1985 Monte Carlo SS CAM T

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Sep 8 2018, 06:54 AM
Post #4

Unawarded Trophies for past Spring Series will be at this event. If you have not yet picked yours up, see me in the pits for yours.

After this, they will be stored in our container at AMP.

1st Place ....B Street .........Dave Young
1st Place ....C Street .........Harry Berzes
1st Place ....CSP ...............Steve Ashcraft
2nd Place ...CSP ...............Tom Tkacik
1st Place ....D Street .........Michael Glancy
2nd Place ...H Street .........Richard Kohn
1st Place ....Super Street ...Jon Roesch
2nd Place ...NV2 ...............Tanner Yost
1st Place ....PAX1.............. Lou Young
2nd Place ...PAX1 ..............Chuck Hanson
4th Place ....PAX1 .............Josh Johnson
3rd Place ....PAX2 .............Sean Dickinson

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
freakin_elrod
post Sep 11 2018, 05:21 PM
Post #5

Group: Steering Committee
Member No.: 64503

QUOTE (Scott Urich @ Sep 2 2018, 09:17 PM) *
Calendars been marked for dates, but I wonít be there for the Oct 7th one doing my first Match Tour in NM

Doesn't look like its gonna happen with 22 days left and only 9 registered. I'm still currently registered, but if numbers dont show any growth in the next two weeks, I'm bailing.

--------------------
Sid Elorde
2015 Focus ST
StreetTouringHeavyFWDsh*tbox

+Quote Post
Scott Urich
post Sep 11 2018, 07:38 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (freakin_elrod @ Sep 11 2018, 05:21 PM) *

Doesn't look like its gonna happen with 22 days left and only 9 registered. I'm still currently registered, but if numbers dont show any growth in the next two weeks, I'm bailing.

I saw you posted that on Facebook.....I think it was too close Nationals, some people were just getting home a couple of days ago. Iíll watch it for another week but itís not looking good.

--------------------
Scott U
GS VW GTi

+Quote Post
freakin_elrod
post Sep 11 2018, 08:13 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Scott Urich @ Sep 11 2018, 08:38 PM) *

I saw you posted that on Facebook.....I think it was too close Nationals, some people were just getting home a couple of days ago. Iíll watch it for another week but itís not looking good.

The SD Match Tour had the same type of vibe, except it was at least close and in the double digits. The NM match tour is looking like the size of two small families.

--------------------
Sid Elorde
2015 Focus ST

+Quote Post
Scott Urich
post Sep 11 2018, 08:16 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (freakin_elrod @ Sep 11 2018, 09:13 PM) *

The SD Match Tour had the same type of vibe, except it was at least close and in the double digits. The NM match tour is looking like the size of two small families.

Looking that way lol🤣

--------------------
Scott U
GS VW GTi

+Quote Post
freakin_elrod
post Sep 12 2018, 01:27 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Scott Urich @ Sep 11 2018, 08:16 PM) *

Looking that way lol🤣

Well that was quick. NM Match Tour is cancelled. Just got an email from motorsportsreg and a refund saying they canc'd the event.

--------------------
Sid Elorde
2015 Focus ST

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Sep 12 2018, 01:58 PM
Post #10

Speaking of Registrations, to Register for an event that is going to be held this weekend wink.gif , if you have not already be sure to follow the links above and sign up for ours. We will be there, and do still have room for you and your friends and family. cool.gif

If you sign up for a full SCCA Membership first (highly recommended), you get to pay a reduced rate at every event the entire year both here in our events as well as Tucson and Sierra Vista events. The more events you run, the more you save! Recall that an SCCA Membership also comes with a variety of benefits, discounts, magazine, and more.

If you do a membership, pre-register, pay by PayPal, and get the yearly Tech sticker on your car YOU WILL NOT STAND IN ANY LINES AT OUR EVENTS. beer.gif AND save $10. Every event. Yes, membership does have it's privileges. wub.gif

Go HERE to sign up.

Basic membership for just you is .................................$70 + $20, or $90.
FAMILY Membership (You, Wife and all kids < age 21)....$90 + $20 or $110 <- (best deal, but may not be worth getting married for, to be honest......) rolleyes.gif

And if you are active Military take $35 off of either membership total.

Registration closes THURSDAY night about 7:00pm. This is the first event of a four event Series, our Fall Series. The more you run, the more fun, and the better you get as a driver. Lots of help available from experienced members at every event. Or, even here online. Just post a question, and great answers are shared with all. And you don't need a membership to do that. wink.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
Jahoney
post Sep 12 2018, 02:36 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 174480

105 deg on Sunday, boys and girls! wacko.gif Which means probably closer to 110+ out there on the asphalt! Make sure you're prepared.

--------------------
Josh Mahoney
1990 Mazda Miata MX-5 STS
1991 Mazda Miata (Unleashing yet TBD)
THE Jahoney

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Sep 12 2018, 02:51 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Jahoney @ Sep 12 2018, 02:36 PM) *
105 deg on Sunday, boys and girls!...........

Very true, the day will be warm indeed. Bring water, hats, umbrellas, I always wear a light-colored long sleeve shirt too, sunscreen on my legs.

Do know that for every hot dog you buy from Pat this day, your personal temperature will feel two full degrees cooler! wink.gif

Seriously, if you are hydrated and "sun-prepared" it will be just another warm Arizona Day.

Knowing this, please note what the temperatures will be through the course of the day. Below is the Litchfield Park projected temperatures through the day for this coming Sunday. It is NOT 105 deg all day. Does not even reach 100 until after 1:00pm. The day starts in the 80's. cool.gif My personal "MO" on a day like this is to run but skip the Time Only runs. That's what I signed up for, but I won't miss an event due to just the heat. Now toss in some HUMIDITY, and I'm outta there....... wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

See y'all there.

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
HarryB
post Sep 12 2018, 02:53 PM
Post #13

Group: AZ Region Member
Member No.: 36

Scott and friends...

Regrettably my schedule is such that I will be unable to attend this event.
Some pesky visitors from the northland arrive tomorrow.

Marana is my only playday this month.
See you all there?

--------------------
Harry Berzes
Prescott, Arizona
Golden Dogs Racing
16 Mazda MX5 Jet Black Mica GT
All leather, way too stock. For now.

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Sep 12 2018, 03:18 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 189796

New tires are mounted and installed on Barney...and I'm registered...

Didn't get shocks fixed or bumpstops installed but what's a few fender scars on brand new skins anyway... unsure.gif

--------------------
Lance Hamilton
1985 Monte Carlo SS CAM T

+Quote Post
MTP-Madmat
post Sep 12 2018, 06:57 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 179018

The Monte Pit is as ready as itís going to get. Should be fun running with with 3 pedals now.

--------------------
Mathew Leon
1978 Monte Carlo

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Sep 12 2018, 08:03 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (MTP-Madmat @ Sep 12 2018, 06:57 PM) *
The Monte Pit is as ready as itís going to get. Should be fun running with with 3 pedals now.

Having a very hard time getting a picture of a bicycle with three pedals from my mind....... laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
Scott Urich
post Sep 13 2018, 06:31 AM
Post #17

QUOTE (freakin_elrod @ Sep 12 2018, 02:27 PM) *
QUOTE (Scott Urich @ Sep 11 2018, 08:16 PM) *

Looking that way lol🤣

They just officially announced the cancellation on SCCA Facebook as well
Well that was quick. NM Match Tour is cancelled. Just got an email from motorsportsreg and a refund saying they canc'd the event.

--------------------
Scott U
GS VW GTi

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Sep 13 2018, 09:09 AM
Post #18

Reminder that the Registration for Az Region's first Fall Series Event at Arizona Motorsports Park (this Sunday) is open until 7:00pm tonight. Click HERE to register.

Event details available HERE Oh, loaner helmets available too.

Even though this is a Series (of four events), you do not need to enter all four. If a Trophy interests you, you'll need to enter three of the four (we drop your lowest score), but you can attend any and all events just for fun. Driving instructors are available too if you are new, and would like some help learning the ropes.

If you join as an SCCA member, a $10 discount is given at every event. Click HERE to join. Pricing details above.

Hope to see many there this Sunday.

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Sep 13 2018, 06:03 PM
Post #19

As far as "getting there" this Sunday, it sometimes helps to know what ADOT had placed in your way.

Be advised wink.gif

I-17 looks safe......

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S H Street

+Quote Post
Humor
post Sep 15 2018, 10:56 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 203387

Hey all,

It looks like I missed the registration window for this event. Is it possible to pay and register at the event itself, or will I be waiting for next month's event? smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2018 - 02:29 PM