Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2019 Schedule
SSLance
post Oct 28 2018, 07:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 189796

So, this is our first winter in Phoenix and all of my Midwest Autocross buddies are trying to pick times to come out here for the great weather over the winter and throw in a co-drive at an autocross while out here.

When does the 2019 event schedule typically get released?

--------------------
Lance Hamilton
1985 Monte Carlo SS CAM T
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Oct 28 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #2

Group: Steering Committee
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (SSLance @ Oct 28 2018, 07:55 PM) *
So, this is our first winter in Phoenix and all of my Midwest Autocross buddies are trying to pick times to come out here for the great weather over the winter and throw in a co-drive at an autocross while out here.

When does the 2019 event schedule typically get released?

Here are the 2019 Az Region Solo Event dates at AMP for next year.

Sounds like you plan like I do. As soon as dates are available, they go into my calendar.

Hopefully now that our dates are available earlier than last year, others will start doing the same. cool.gif

Jan 20 - Sun
Feb 24 - Sun
March 10 - Sun
April 6 - Sat
Sept 14 - Sat
Oct 13 - Sun
Nov 2/3 - Sat/Sun (Sat Drivers School)
Dec 1 - Sun

Tucson also has their dates submitted to the Marana City Council/Airport Authority, and will release their dates as soon as they get approved.

Sierra Vista has run into scheduling conflicts with others who use the SV Municipal Airport (like Hotshot fire fighting teams), and is experiencing short-notice approvals.

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S .......(Really just a Miata with four doors and a trunk......and +500#)
Education is important. Race Cars are importanter

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Oct 28 2018, 09:31 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 189796

Thanks Scott!!

--------------------
Lance Hamilton
1985 Monte Carlo SS CAM T

+Quote Post
MTP-Madmat
post Nov 4 2018, 02:37 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 179018

Thanks for posting the dates for next year. I won’t be able to make it to the February event. That is the same weekend as the NHRA drag racing event.

--------------------
Mathew Leon
1978 Monte Carlo

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Nov 4 2018, 02:56 PM
Post #5

There was a possible special event being discussed on the Bondo Road Course as done before, but nothing concrete yet. In May. Might or might not be possible. Stay tuned.....🤔

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S .......(Really just a Miata with four doors and a trunk......and +500#)

+Quote Post
Chuck Hanson
post Dec 5 2018, 07:02 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 193334

Has the Tucson schedule been firmed up yet? - Chuck

+Quote Post
Tommy Tommerdal
post Dec 5 2018, 12:16 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 177683

Anyway we can try to do a special event at AMP like the Porsche club did? That was super fun.

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Dec 5 2018, 01:53 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Tommy Tommerdal @ Dec 5 2018, 12:16 PM) *
Anyway we can try to do a special event at AMP like the Porsche club did? That was super fun.

See my response above. We are discussing a possible "Lake Loop" road course as we have done before, perhaps May 2019. Likely not at AMP.

I too am anxiously waiting the Tucson schedule. I have Phoenix and Sierra Vista 2019. They go into my recreational calendars first. cool.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
Shane86
post Jan 3 2019, 12:01 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1209

Quick question, both the front page and this list the next event being Jan 20th, but the reg system says the 19th.
Just want to clarify dates here, as i'm coming in from out of town.

--------------------
Shane D. - Los Angeles - F-Street E92 M3 - MNAutoX.com - The Cone Coach Podcast

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jan 3 2019, 12:16 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Shane86 @ Jan 3 2019, 12:01 PM) *
Quick question, both the front page and this list the next event being Jan 20th, but the reg system says the 19th.
Just want to clarify dates here, as i'm coming in from out of town.

Shane, the event is on SUNDAY the 20th.

There is a calendar glitch in Mind The Cones that when you are in California, across the time zone, it misses a day somehow. We're trying to fix it, but no luck yet.

Thx for asking.

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
Jim Boller
post Jan 5 2019, 11:14 AM
Post #11

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 2598

Please know that in the past I have been able to book around national events in California. With the popularity of AMP and the uncertainty of Bondo and its condition this was not possible this year. The national schedule is posted too late in the year. Luckily the only conflict is the Fontana Pro Solo in April.

With that said 2020 is already booked so we get dates that we want and have a consistent schedule. All events will be the 3rd weekend of each month at AMP in 2020. Hopefully no national conflicts but we won't know until December.

--------------------
Jim Boller
Site Liaison
2010 Corvette Grand Sport

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jan 5 2019, 01:09 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Jim Boller @ Jan 5 2019, 11:14 AM) *
Please know that in the past I have been able to book around national events in California. With the popularity of AMP and the uncertainty of Bondo and its condition this was not possible this year. The national schedule is posted too late in the year. Luckily the only conflict is the Fontana Pro Solo in April.

With that said 2020 is already booked so we get dates that we want and have a consistent schedule. All events will be the 3rd weekend of each month at AMP in 2020. Hopefully no national conflicts but we won't know until December.

What Jim discovered is what typically happened years ago. If the Club waited until the Nationals Schedule was posted before reserving our local dates, we would end up with inconsistent days (Saturdays) and not the same relative weekend of the month. So, we evolved a system that included a non-National Driver as a position Chief (either the actual Chief or the Assistant) who would always be available for local events.

Having our dates on say always the third weekend, Tucson on the fourth, and Sierra Vista on the first allowed everyone being able to remember when, as well as also possibly attend multiple events each month. The more regular and consistent we are, the better attendance is. cool.gif

Well done, Jim.

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
Nokones
post Jan 6 2019, 09:27 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 194203

QUOTE (Jim Boller @ Jan 5 2019, 11:14 AM) *

Will the 2020 events be consistently on Saturdays or Sundays?

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jan 6 2019, 10:14 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Nokones @ Jan 6 2019, 09:27 AM) *

Sadly no, IMO, they are split. Two Saturdays, and two Sundays each Series. Not Jim's doing, some on the current SC believe that some Saturdays are necessary.

Lobbying Alert!!! - Tucson, Sierra Vista, Cal Club, San Diego, and Las Vegas all run Sunday events only. (LV runs Saturday Events during the evening I believe)

I'd like to change that thinking, as each time we've done that some have missed the event thinking it was on a Sunday (once even one of our SSS!). The same relative weekend, the same day, and especially same location are all important to people's planning and thinking in my experience.

2020 AZ Solo Events

Jan 19 Sun
Feb 15 Sat
Mar 14 Sat
Apr 19 Sun

Sep 20 Sun
Oct 17 Sat
Nov 14/15 Sat/Sun (Drivers School/Event)
Dec 19 Sat

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
Nokones
post Jan 6 2019, 06:42 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 194203

QUOTE (SMeyers @ Jan 6 2019, 10:14 AM) *
QUOTE (Nokones @ Jan 6 2019, 09:27 AM) *

Sadly no, IMO, they are split. Two Saturdays, and two Sundays each Series. Not Jim's doing, some on the current SC believe that some Saturdays are necessary.

Lobbying Alert!!! - Tucson, Sierra Vista, Cal Club, San Diego, and Las Vegas all run Sunday events only. (LV runs Saturday Events during the evening I believe)

I'd like to change that thinking, as each time we've done that some have missed the event thinking it was on a Sunday (once even one of our SSS!). The same relative weekend, the same day, and especially same location are all important to people's planning and thinking in my experience.

2020 AZ Solo Events

Jan 19 Sun
Feb 15 Sat
Mar 14 Sat
Apr 19 Sun

Sep 20 Sun
Oct 17 Sat
Nov 14/15 Sat/Sun (Drivers School/Event)
Dec 19 Sat

Thanks Scott.

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2019 - 04:12 AM