Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Registering an Additional Driver
Shane86
post Jan 8 2019, 10:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 1209

I'm Shane Donahue. I'm not a local, but I've actually run with you guys once before, long, long ago while visiting family in Phoenix.. plus a few of my Minnesotan compatriots have relocated to your sunny state (Mark Yakich and Jason Bucki ring a bell..)

Well, i'm visiting family again in Phoenix, but this time i have my car with me, and would like to enter my brother to co-drive with me. This will be his first event, so i want to keep this as low-impact as possible.

To that end, i'd like to handle/cover his registration, payment, etc.. But i'm finding the MindTheCones system does not currently offer a mechanism to register additional drivers. Is there a process/mechanism i can get this done?

I tried reaching out to registration@azsolo.com per the Reg FAQ thread, but got a bounce that the mailbox is full :/

--------------------
Shane D. - Los Angeles - F-Street E92 M3 - MNAutoX.com - The Cone Coach Podcast
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jan 8 2019, 01:22 PM
Post #2

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Shane86 @ Jan 8 2019, 10:48 AM) *
I'm Shane Donahue. I'm not a local, but I've actually run with you guys once before, long, long ago while visiting family in Phoenix.. plus a few of my Minnesotan compatriots have relocated to your sunny state (Mark Yakich and Jason Bucki ring a bell..)

Well, i'm visiting family again in Phoenix, but this time i have my car with me, and would like to enter my brother to co-drive with me. This will be his first event, so i want to keep this as low-impact as possible.

To that end, i'd like to handle/cover his registration, payment, etc.. But i'm finding the MindTheCones system does not currently offer a mechanism to register additional drivers. Is there a process/mechanism i can get this done?

I tried reaching out to registration@azsolo.com per the Reg FAQ thread, but got a bounce that the mailbox is full :/

Hello, Shane. Welcome back.

Somehow it seems *I* get stuck responding to these kinds of questions, I'm not sure why, but here goes.

That mailbox has been full for MONTHS. You'd think someone would take time to fix that. Sorry.

Each driver needs to set up an individual Mind The Cones (MTC) account. It's not hard. They can, or you can with his login, register your brother for the event. Identify the car Class, and then which Category to run in (Open, Pax, Sportsman, Novice, etc.), and finally the run group request. (A, B, C, D, etc.)

Next, use PayPal to pay for both of you, but in the PayPal notes section specify clearly whom the payment is for (First and Last Names). The Registrar Josh sees those notes.

Is that enough info, or do you have a few more questions?

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S "STS" .......(Really just a Miata with four doors and a trunk......and +500#)
Education is important. Race Cars are importanter

+Quote Post
hatrick6
post Jan 8 2019, 01:53 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 710

[quote name='SMeyers' date='Jan 8 2019, 01:22 PM' post='167741

Somehow it seems *I* get stuck responding to these kinds of questions, I'm not sure why, but here goes.

[/quote]

Because you are the one with all the free time tongue.gif

But yes Scott is right, you will simply have to register separately for you and your brother, anf put each other as co-drivers.

--------------------
"Maybe I should just buy a 240 and become a mad tyte drifter." - Hitler
Josh Johnston
AZ Region Director
1997 Honda Civic HX - STC
1995 Nissan 240sx SE - STC
2004 Mini Cooper - STF
2006 Mini Cooper JCW - DS

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jan 8 2019, 02:01 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (hatrick6 @ Jan 8 2019, 01:53 PM) *
Because you are the one with all the free time tongue.gif

But yes Scott is right, you will simply have to register separately for you and your brother, and put each other as co-drivers.

Yeah, I do, kind of. Have time. And I don't mind helping too. And, I've been around long enough that I've pretty much done this all before.

But thanks for the backup confirmation on the procedure. cool.gif I left out the part about naming your co-driver in notes/comments. The more info you give the registrar the better.

Now then, who can clear that mailbox? I would if I could, but I can't. wink.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S "STS" .......(Really just a Miata with four doors and a trunk......and +500#)
Education is important. Race Cars are importanter

+Quote Post
Shane86
post Jan 9 2019, 10:15 AM
Post #5

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 1209

QUOTE (SMeyers @ Jan 8 2019, 02:22 PM) *
Hello, Shane. Welcome back.

Thanks! Always fun to visit autoxers all over.

That mailbox has been full for MONTHS. You'd think someone would take time to fix that. Sorry.

Oh, I know that feeling. Been that guy more than a few times. Thanks though!
Each driver needs to set up an individual Mind The Cones (MTC) account. It's not hard. They can, or you can with his login, register your brother for the event. Identify the car Class, and then which Category to run in (Open, Pax, Sportsman, Novice, etc.), and finally the run group request. (A, B, C, D, etc.)

Next, use PayPal to pay for both of you, but in the PayPal notes section specify clearly whom the payment is for (First and Last Names). The Registrar Josh sees those notes.

Gotcha. Didn't wan't to go through with slightly cheating the system of just making another account if there was a manual process/option for this that had an official flow.
i'll just whip him up an account and hand it over to him when i get there.

Thanks!

--------------------
Shane D. - Los Angeles - F-Street E92 M3 - MNAutoX.com - The Cone Coach Podcast

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2019 - 10:42 AM