Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My First AZ Border Event - Requesting Info
Nokones
post Apr 22 2019, 07:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 194203

I am hoping to attend the May 19th event at Marana. I know registration is through "Mind The Cones". Are the run groups and grid space assignments assigned just prior to the event just like the Arizona Region events at AMP? If that is the case, will I need to have car numbers and class designation on the side as per the Solo rules? Or will the shoe polish with grid space number written in the upper right hand corner of the windshield suffice?

Please let me know. Thanks

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Apr 22 2019, 07:27 PM
Post #2

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 4

Hey, Kenny. Glad youíll be trying out Marana. They run every month all summer. Tucson does start a little earlier to finish a little earlier. Read their details carefully.

Their groupings are much more basic than Phoenix. Thatís the greatest difference. For you, either PAX Class or your SCCA Open Class. Then, also choose your Run Group and work position. The earlier you enter, the more likely youíll get your choices.

Their attendance is a little smaller, so they typically have only four Run Groups, A/B/C/D. A and B are paired (run/work) as are C/D for the Summer events. Time Onlys are distributed among those Groups.

As far as Tech and Numbers, just like Phoenix, but no yearly Tech. Tech puts the numbers on your windshield (i.e., A-15). Neither Tucson nor Sierra Vista publish run/work assignments online.

So, pre-register, pre-pay with PayPal, show up and get your already marked paid entry form from their box at the Registration Table, then take that and your car to Tech (ready to run state).

Good?

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S "STS" .......(Really just a Miata with four doors and a trunk......and +500#)
Education is important. Race Cars are importanter

+Quote Post
Scott Urich
post Apr 22 2019, 09:45 PM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 189839

I think the only change that Border Region has in the Summer starting in May is A works For B and C and D work for one another....Otherwise Border region has smaller groups and less complex classes and they start earlier in the day as Scott stated above. They also donít prepublish course maps.

--------------------
Scott U
Grocery Street VW Gran Tourismo Injected

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Apr 22 2019, 09:55 PM
Post #4

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 4

Good catch, Scott U. Forgot about the Group switch for summer and the maps. Iíll change it up above so the paragraph is accurate for future reference.

Thanks.👍

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S "STS" .......(Really just a Miata with four doors and a trunk......and +500#)
Education is important. Race Cars are importanter

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2019 - 07:21 PM