Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trophies For The AZSolo Spring Series, Timeline and Game Plan For Pickup
SMeyers
post May 7 2019, 02:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 4

Greetings all.

The Trophies for the AZSolo Series just completed are ordered, and I should have them in hand by Thursday NEXT WEEK (May 16th).

Due to budget constraints (50%), these will not be as "robust" as earlier versions, but still nice representations of your success.

As shared before, due to light attendance at earlier attempts and budget limits, there will be no Awards Brunch this time.

So...... here's the plan.
  1. I live near 67th Ave and Greenway in North Glendale. Email or PM me to arrange a time to have you come pick up.
  2. I could bring some with me to the next Tucson Marana Event, Sunday May 19th. So, if you are one who attends those events too, just let me know. I will only bring those requested ( wink.gif ). PM or Email me (both are in my Profile Info).
  3. The rest I will bring to our next AZSolo Event, next Saturday September 14th (that's in about four months.....).

Did I miss anything?

Thanks.

Attached Image

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2006 Mazda3S "STS" .......(Really just a Miata with four doors and a trunk......and +500#)
Education is important. Race Cars are importanter
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
S. Roberts
post May 12 2019, 04:57 PM
Post #2

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 172

Scott Meyers posted above, in part:

"Due to budget constraints (50%), these will not be as "robust" as earlier versions, but still nice representations of your success."

I attended the last Steering Committee meeting, in January 2019. The financial report was given. As of January, Arizona Region Solo had more than sufficient funds to carry itself for many months of events, probably a few years.

Before you read further, I want to clarify that I am undoubtedly the one in the current group of Arizona Region autocrossers who has participated the longest, longer than even Scott Meyers (hard to believe anybody has been around longer than he has, I know! Ha ha). I am not to receive a trophy so personally the size or quality of trophies matters not to me even a little on a personal level.

Don and I, and the Steering Committee people we associated with during our "tenure", always believed that if a competitor took the time, the effort and the money to participate in three or four events, and won a trophy, that they deserved a very nice trophy for their dedication and participation. This 50% budget cut in trophy awards done by the Steering Committee truly pains me because of the past history of this organization in providing awesome, unique trophies. Life is full of changes, I realize, but a club with a bulging bank book giving puny trophies to dedicated competitors? Really?

The End.

--------------------
Sharon Roberts
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2019 - 07:54 PM