Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nationals Question
nsarboc
post Jun 7 2019, 09:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 2706

Hey everyone,
I'm thinking about going to nationals this year. I was wondering about arrival times. The class schedule has me running Thursday/Friday. Does that mean i can arrive on Wednesday? How does it work with arrival and departure as well as test and tune?
Thanks,
Nick

--------------------
Nick Sloan
2017 Honda Civic Si
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nsarboc
post Jun 8 2019, 12:11 PM
Post #2

Never-mind i found this.

https://www.scca.com/articles/2007386-dont-...-solo-nationals

--------------------
Nick Sloan
2017 Honda Civic Si

+Quote Post
renfield90
post Jun 12 2019, 10:39 PM
Post #3

Group: AZ Region Member
Member No.: 532

QUOTE (nsarboc @ Jun 8 2019, 12:11 PM) *

That's a few years old but a pretty good start.

You'll want to pay attention to several important dates here: https://www.scca.com/events/1992935-2019-ti...al-championship

June 18 Test n Tune Registration opens
They sell one hour slots starting at 8am and typically going until 5 or 6. Each one hour slot gives you four runs. You don't have to work, we pay workers out of the TnT cost. Wednesday will be one of the quicker days to fill up so have your travel itinerary planned in advance to make sure you can arrive on site, unload, and be ready to run in time for your slot. No refunds if you miss your slot, and they'll probably be too full to fit you in later.

Expect them to run further and further behind schedule as the day progresses.

June 25 Event Competition registration opens for general membership ($50 cancellation fee)
Last year, Nationals hit the registration cap at 1350 within a week. I expect it to sell out faster this time. Don't miss this day or you may not get to go.

August 1 Individual paddock spots opens
Make sure you hit this up so you are not the last row, which is more than half a mile from the courses. Not an exaggeration. Also, this year they expanded the width of rows 1-9. Stay out of the west half of those rows since they're close to the drainage grates; if it rains, that's where the biggest puddles stay the longest.

August 22 Run/Work order posted no later than this date
Along with the run/work order they will post a detailed timeline of events, including when registration/tech are open.

Some other tidbits...

Pack for three seasons. You may see three different seasons in three different days.

Be prepared for torrential rain. Because the site is a giant concrete pad, it doesn't soak into the ground, so be prepared for water up to your ankles.

Bring shoes you don't care about if you plan to walk course between 2nd and 3rd heats (hot fresh OPR will build up on your shoes and it's impossible to get off)

Reserve a hotel now if you haven't. September is prime Cornhusker football season (the stadium by itself becomes Nebraska's 3rd largest city during games) which makes rooms hard to come by if you stay through Friday night.

Respect the site rules (paddock speed limits, safety, fire lanes, etc.). Lincoln PD does patrol the site.

Come Tuesday if you can and spend time soaking up the event. It's really something else.

--------------------
Manfred Reysser
2001 Celica GT - gone to the clearing at the end of the path
2013 FR-S

"As long as my car goes I drive it. I like racing to the limit, first and last." - Gilles Villeneuve

+Quote Post
nsarboc
post Jun 18 2019, 10:33 AM
Post #4

Sweet! Thank you for all the details. Im going to get my hotel and and the practice runs registered now.

Thanks,

Nick

--------------------
Nick Sloan
2017 Honda Civic Si

+Quote Post
nsarboc
post Jun 18 2019, 11:06 AM
Post #5

Is there a specific paddock area I should register for to be with other arizona folks?

--------------------
Nick Sloan
2017 Honda Civic Si

+Quote Post
renfield90
post Jun 20 2019, 08:14 AM
Post #6

Group: AZ Region Member
Member No.: 532

It used to be better organized, but I think most of the people responsible for driving that organization are tired of it or doing other things this year. We'll probably end up spread out everywhere.

--------------------
Manfred Reysser
2001 Celica GT - gone to the clearing at the end of the path
2013 FR-S

"As long as my car goes I drive it. I like racing to the limit, first and last." - Gilles Villeneuve

+Quote Post
nsarboc
post Jun 20 2019, 09:23 AM
Post #7

Lets get a list of people who are going to nationals and jump on a conference call when registration opens for the paddock and all just pick the same area. If you think that is a good idea I will drive it.

--------------------
Nick Sloan
2017 Honda Civic Si

+Quote Post
mister2
post Jul 4 2019, 12:15 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 140721

Very late to post.
The secret is getting there early, which means Monday AM or early PM. You can scan paddock assignments and after a couple you'll have found everyone. And Arizonans bond stronger in the company of folks from other states (or countries). I was there for the first time (and the historical deluge) last year and there is nothing that comes close to the experience.

Thanks, Manfred, and Kate Fisher, for the support and encouragement last September.

--------------------
Victor Lim
BS 1999 Corvette FRC

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2019 - 03:57 AM