Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Motorsports Reg, Registration for Fall Series
Dave H
post Aug 28 2019, 08:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 1122

So as I'm sure you've heard by now, we've made the switch to Motorsports Reg for our registration system. A few important things to take note of:

- Prepayment is now required. Our refund policy is listed on MSR and on our supplemental rules page.
- Weekend memberships will now be purchased through MSR, not at the event. MSR bases this on your SCCA number, if you do not have a valid and active SCCA number, MSR will force you to add a weekend membership to your registration. We will still have weekend membership forms onsite for ride along passengers and for people that have to register on site.
- You will be able to select what run group you wish to run in now. A run group is capped on number of entries, once the cap is reached, you will no longer be able to register for that particular run group. Please note, we are still considering this run group "preference", the registrar may move you to another run group once registration closes if it is needed to balance the groups out.
- Onsite registration will be changing just a little bit to help speed the process up. There will be a mobile website you can visit on your phone where you can fill out your information so Josh doesn't have to type everything in by hand anymore. Details about it will be posted before the event, so stay tuned for that.

Please bear with us as we make this change.... I'm hoping everything will go smooth, but there will most likely be things we didn't catch. We appreciate your patience as we get the new system setup! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post here and I will try to answer the best I can.

Registration for Sept 14th: http://msreg.com/az2019fall1

--------------------
Dave Hurt
Director
Chief of Course and other things
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Aug 28 2019, 03:31 PM
Post #2

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 189796

Thanks for the update Dave. I've used Motorsportreg before and it works well for the most part. Good luck with the transition.

I just wish I wasn't going to be traveling when registration opens up Friday night at 6 pm...I want to be one of the first signed up so I can get my preferred run group.

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lance Hamilton
1985 Monte Carlo SS CAM T

+Quote Post
Dave H
post Aug 28 2019, 04:15 PM
Post #3

Run groups are set at 35 entrants each to start, so you should have plenty of time to get signed up smile.gif We can increase the size of the groups if necessary, but judging from past events, it takes us a little while to get anywhere close to capacity on any of the groups.

--------------------
Dave Hurt
Director

+Quote Post
Mike Rogers
post Aug 28 2019, 04:51 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 177

Can drivers still pre-register online and pay at registration table the morning of the event?
Thanks

--------------------
Mike Rogers
HS Honda Civic Si

"You can't trust atoms, they make up everything!"

+Quote Post
S. Roberts
post Aug 28 2019, 05:08 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 172

QUOTE (Mike Rogers @ Aug 28 2019, 04:51 PM) *
Can drivers still pre-register online and pay at registration table the morning of the event?
Thanks

Others are interested in the answer to this question too. I have used Motorsports Reg. before with Jim Click's cars at the Monterey race; his accounting department always sent the checks; I just did registering the cars. Like Mike, I am used to paying at the event.

--------------------
Sharon Roberts

+Quote Post
Dave H
post Aug 28 2019, 05:52 PM
Post #6

Currently, no.... If you preregister, you have to prepay. I know it will inconvenience some people, but this is pretty typical, and we're still the cheapest fun you can have on 4 wheels legally wink.gif We are going to revisit the whole process (registration and the new categories) after the fall series and make adjustments as necessary. We feel that forcing prepayment will greatly speed up the onsite registration processes and make everyone's lives at the event that much smoother.

--------------------
Dave Hurt
Director

+Quote Post
Nokones
post Aug 29 2019, 08:04 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 194203

I'm glad I just checked the Motorsportreg site again and noticed that the date and time was changed from midnight on the 31st to 6PM on the 30th. I hope I don't forget to register at 6PM. I'll be at the Dodger oops, I mean the Diamondbacks game at that time.

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S

+Quote Post
Nokones
post Aug 30 2019, 06:18 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 194203

Will the entry list feature be turned on?

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S

+Quote Post
Dave H
post Aug 30 2019, 06:36 PM
Post #9

I'm looking into that now. The other one we found was that there is no STH, there is however a STF. If you are planning on registering for STH, go ahead and register in another class for now, when it gets fixed an admin can update your class.

--------------------
Dave Hurt
Director

+Quote Post
Dave H
post Aug 30 2019, 07:55 PM
Post #10

And it looks like HS is missing as well. If you need to register in HS, please just register in another class and let me know, I'll get you updated when it gets fixed.

--------------------
Dave Hurt
Director

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Sep 1 2019, 08:32 PM
Post #11

Finally remembered to register, was sitting in a restaurant and used my phone...took about 4 minutes tops.

Personally, I like this method better than MTCs. Thanks...

--------------------
Lance Hamilton

+Quote Post
Bob Lob Law
post Sep 7 2019, 05:43 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 175044

QUOTE (Dave H @ Aug 28 2019, 06:52 PM) *
Currently, no.... If you preregister, you have to prepay. I know it will inconvenience some people, but this is pretty typical, and we're still the cheapest fun you can have on 4 wheels legally wink.gif We are going to revisit the whole process (registration and the new categories) after the fall series and make adjustments as necessary. We feel that forcing prepayment will greatly speed up the onsite registration processes and make everyone's lives at the event that much smoother.

I relied on this as well as I usually preregister, but am also on call for work so I can't prepay. So now I will be forced to do the slow onsite registration.

--------------------
Todd A.
HS Focus SVT
SSC Scion FRS

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Sep 7 2019, 06:35 PM
Post #13

Group: Steering Committee
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Bob Lob Law @ Sep 7 2019, 05:43 PM) *
I relied on this as well as I usually preregister, but am also on call for work so I can't prepay. So now I will be forced to do the slow onsite registration.

I know there is a refund policy just re-written. Ah, here it is. Does this help?

Will a refund through MotorsportsReg be done via card refund?

Also, in times past, contacting the Registrar before an event was difficult. Often that Mailbox was full. May we assume that just posting your cancellation in the Forum showing outside of the 24 hour requirement will suffice? I'd think so.

Thx.

Refund Policy: Your registration can be canceled at any time prior to close of online Registration and your payment will be refunded. After online registration is closed, you must contact the registrar 24 hours prior to the start of the event to receive a refund. Refunds will not be given due to inclement weather. If a car fails to pass the AMP sound meter test, a refund will be given. However, if a car subsequently exceeds the sound limit, for any reason, while on course and cannot take additional laps due to the sound violation, a refund will not be given. Refunds will not be given if you choose to leave an event early and not complete your scheduled runs, both for competition or time only entries. Refunds will be handled through the method paid, e.g. a cash refund if cash was used, or a refund through MotorsportsReg if payment was done there.

--------------------
Scott Meyers
2012 Honda Civic Si - H Street

+Quote Post
Bob Lob Law
post Sep 8 2019, 01:35 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 175044

QUOTE (SMeyers @ Sep 7 2019, 06:35 PM) *
QUOTE (Bob Lob Law @ Sep 7 2019, 05:43 PM) *

I know there is a refund policy just re-written. Ah, here it is. Does this help?

Will a refund through MotorsportsReg be done via card refund?

Also, in times past, contacting the Registrar before an event was difficult. Often that Mailbox was full. May we assume that just posting your cancellation in the Forum showing outside of the 24 hour requirement will suffice? I'd think so.

Thx.

Refund Policy: Your registration can be canceled at any time prior to close of online Registration and your payment will be refunded. After online registration is closed, you must contact the registrar 24 hours prior to the start of the event to receive a refund. Refunds will not be given due to inclement weather. If a car fails to pass the AMP sound meter test, a refund will be given. However, if a car subsequently exceeds the sound limit, for any reason, while on course and cannot take additional laps due to the sound violation, a refund will not be given. Refunds will not be given if you choose to leave an event early and not complete your scheduled runs, both for competition or time only entries. Refunds will be handled through the method paid, e.g. a cash refund if cash was used, or a refund through MotorsportsReg if payment was done there.

Unfortunately 24 hours prior doesn't work, and that is the reason I never pre-paid. I understand that my case is uncommon, but just wanted to point out that this will actually make registration slower for people like me.

--------------------
Todd A.
HS Focus SVT
SSC Scion FRS

+Quote Post
Dave H
post Sep 12 2019, 10:26 AM
Post #15

A reminder that registration closes tonight! If you haven't registered already, now is the time!

--------------------
Dave Hurt
Director

+Quote Post
SSLance
post Sep 13 2019, 09:23 AM
Post #16

Will an email with run group and work assignments be sent out this evening as was done before?

Thanks,
Lance

--------------------
Lance Hamilton

+Quote Post
Dave H
post Sep 13 2019, 10:26 AM
Post #17

It won't be an email, it'll be posted on the forum. Josh is working on reg this morning, the run groups should be posted later today.

The rest of the process on site will largely remain unchanged, you'll still check in at the reg desk in the morning (reg opens at 7:15 as usual!), and tech and everything else will remain the same. Looking forward to seeing everyone in the morning!

--------------------
Dave Hurt
Director

+Quote Post
hatrick6
post Sep 13 2019, 05:01 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 710

Thanks everyone for being patient, Dave and I have been working with and learning the new system all day.

--------------------
"Maybe I should just buy a 240 and become a mad tyte drifter." - Hitler
Josh Johnston
AZ Region Director
1997 Honda Civic HX - STC
1995 Nissan 240sx SE - STC
2004 Mini Cooper - STF
2006 Mini Cooper JCW - DS

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2019 - 06:18 AM