Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clifton Hillclimb 2020, April 24, 25, 26
S. Roberts
post Feb 26 2020, 07:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 172

For those of you whose cars meet the preparation requirements and would like to solo up the mountain road (legally!), check out the Facebook page for information:

https://www.facebook.com/cliftonhillclimb/

Arizona Region SCCA will be providing tech, rules, timing and insurance for this event with much Arizona history. First ran in the 1960's, it has come and gone over the years and is now, once again, enthusiastically backed by the town of Clifton.

Note that it is not the Solo arm of Arizona Region that will be handling the details.

Pucker up and join the fun!

--------------------
Sharon Roberts
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DaveM
post Mar 8 2020, 08:52 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 112

Quick Update:

Registration for the Clifton Hill Climb is now open at: motorsportreg.com. It is an SCCA sanctioned event and has classes that allow cars normally prepared for autocross to compete although there are a few additional requirements and drivers also need all the safety stuff such as suits, gloves, shoes etc.

Check out the details at: http://cliftonhillclimb.com/

Unfortunately, the schedule for April 24, 25 & 26 means there is a conflict with the National autocross event being put on by the Tucson folks, but if you're not competing there, Clifton would be a different and fun event to go to, even if just spectating.

My daughter (Lindsay) and I have run in hill climbs back in the U.K. and driving on a closed road is a lot of fun! The big advantage in my mind is that these types of events are still "Solo," there's no side-by-side racing so there's less chance of damage to your car ...... unless of course enthusiasm exceeds skill!

Hope you can make it!!

--------------------
Dave Maxfield
Immanagh

+Quote Post
S. Roberts
post Mar 8 2020, 11:18 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 172

QUOTE (DaveM @ Mar 8 2020, 09:52 AM) *
My daughter (Lindsay) and I have run in hill climbs back in the U.K. and driving on a closed road is a lot of fun! The big advantage in my mind is that these types of events are still "Solo," there's no side-by-side racing so there's less chance of damage to your car ...... unless of course enthusiasm exceeds skill!

Hope you can make it!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Dave - you hopped on the bandwagon fast! Good luck, curb your enthusiasm!

--------------------
Sharon Roberts

+Quote Post
DaveM
post Mar 8 2020, 02:47 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 112

Hi Sharon:

Lindsay and I were supposed to be back on the Isle of Man for the "Manx Classic" (http://www.manxmotorracing.com/) this year but her work schedule nixed that, so we're happy to see the Clifton event back on the schedule. The weather will be better here (it rained every day in 2019) but I will miss that Manx scenery. Here's a pic of me in 2018, the background is way more interesting than my driving!

Attached Image

--------------------
Dave Maxfield
Immanagh

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st March 2020 - 06:31 PM