Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Events Restarting question
jwharnish
post Apr 18 2020, 07:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 1076

Since our Supreme Leader has indicated that May 1 will be the start of restarting our economy by an easing of some restrictions, my question is what criteria will be used to start holding events again?
I'm sure we will be looking to SCCA for guidelines in doing this, but have not really seen any discussion on which governing body easing of restrictions will be the determining factor.
I believe that limiting close social contact is important in containing this virus, and do not see our infected numbers changing to a positive direction in the next 2 weeks. But I do believe we can have some degree of separation at events, and with some gloves for cones handling which we all have, having some degree of safety in an open area is possible.
Is an Autocross worth the risk, currently no, but at some point in the future, hopefully.
Just looking for which governing body are we waiting for to give the green light.
Hope everyone is still doing ok.

--------------------
Jim Harnish
88 CRX Si STS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wicked991
post Apr 21 2020, 07:54 AM
Post #2

Group: Steering Comm., voting member
Member No.: 40

Jim

Speaking as the Chief SSS, we look at a number of sources including but not limited to State of AZ, National SCCA, CDC, Federal guidance, WHO and the use of common sense by the folks attending. At this point the State is the lead in determining the size of gatherings, which as you commented does not permit events of our size to be held at present. As you mentioned cones are one common touch point but so are waiver sheets, clipboards, pens, radios, registration sheets, wristbands, helmets, water containers, food vendors (cash, coolers and common condiments), etc. The Steering Committee has been reviewing what steps we need to consider for upcoming events. We all want to hold events too, but only if done in a safe manner.

stay safe

Kim

--------------------
Kim Kemper
Dark Side Racing

+Quote Post
jwharnish
post Apr 21 2020, 01:17 PM
Post #3

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 1076

QUOTE (Wicked991 @ Apr 21 2020, 07:54 AM) *
Jim

Speaking as the Chief SSS, we look at a number of sources including but not limited to State of AZ, National SCCA, CDC, Federal guidance, WHO and the use of common sense by the folks attending. At this point the State is the lead in determining the size of gatherings, which as you commented does not permit events of our size to be held at present. As you mentioned cones are one common touch point but so are waiver sheets, clipboards, pens, radios, registration sheets, wristbands, helmets, water containers, food vendors (cash, coolers and common condiments), etc. The Steering Committee has been reviewing what steps we need to consider for upcoming events. We all want to hold events too, but only if done in a safe manner.

stay safe

Kim

Kim

Good information. With some upcoming dates coming, like May 1 start of some National reopening, which now may be May 15th, upcoming event scheduled for May 17th, I just wanted a sense on what the Steering Committee is looking at for event determination.
I do believe that Governor Ducey and his team for Corona virus updates, are doing a good job of providing useful information.
Being in the Health Care industry my entire life, I tend to look at the science and experiences from front line health care workers to determine what precautions I take when dealing with the public. All the recommendations made by the Ducey team are our best chance of staying healthy. I also understand the need for many to get back to work and have income.
Difficult situation many are in currently. Stay home to stay healthy, or go back to work and risk getting sick and taking that home and be quarantined for a couple of weeks. Tough choices either way.

I agree we all want to hold events, but only if done in a safe manor.

Stay safe

--------------------
Jim Harnish
88 CRX Si STS

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th August 2020 - 12:38 PM