Tire Rack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SV Aug 2 event
RiBS
post Jul 26 2020, 11:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Autocrosser
Member No.: 207140

Pre-registration is open and required. We are limiting the number of participants.
We are still waiting for final approval from the City for an autocross request for Sunday August 2, 2020. The Governor will provide a status on state regulations reference the "Coronavirus" activities allowed on Monday July 27th, at which time the City may approve our request at the city airport or not.
The new regulations from the SCCA requires all registrations to be pre-registrations, NO registrations on site, the day of the event.
If you haven't read the SCCA regulations reference the Coronavirus, we have posted a shortened version on our web-page, please read.

--------------------
Randy Schultz
2015 370Z F Street
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nokones
post Jul 27 2020, 04:05 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 194203

I pre-registered for the event and hopefully we will get to play this coming Sunday. This will be my first event with the Sierra Sports Car Club. Do I need to put numbers on my car or do you put the Grid Spot Numbers on the windshield like both SCCA Regions do?

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S
&
2013 Corvette Grand Sport #(Whatever My Grid Spot Number is) A Street.

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jul 27 2020, 04:42 PM
Post #3

Group: Steering Committee
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Nokones @ Jul 27 2020, 04:05 PM) *
I pre-registered for the event and hopefully we will get to play this coming Sunday. This will be my first event with the Sierra Sports Car Club. Do I need to put numbers on my car or do you put the Grid Spot Numbers on the windshield like both SCCA Regions do?

Exact same system as Tucson. SV is associated with Tucson, same SCCA Region, actually.

I should mention that their run/work system varies a little, since they typically run smaller events.

A Group and B Group are the same cars, with Group B being the TO runs for the A Group Cars. Then those folks work for C and D, same deal there. If you choose to not do TO’s, you’d just sit the second Group..

See you there. cool.gif Hopefully. wink.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers
Started autocrossing in *1971* with FCCA and CCC

+Quote Post
Nokones
post Jul 27 2020, 07:15 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (SMeyers @ Jul 27 2020, 04:42 PM) *
QUOTE (Nokones @ Jul 27 2020, 04:05 PM) *

Exact same system as Tucson. SV is associated with Tucson, same SCCA Region, actually.

I should mention that their run/work system varies a little, since they typically run smaller events.

A Group and B Group are the same cars, with Group B being the TO runs for the A Group Cars. Then those folks work for C and D, same deal there. If you choose to not do TO’s, you’d just sit the second Group..

See you there. cool.gif Hopefully. wink.gif

Thanks Scott.

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S
&

+Quote Post
Nokones
post Jul 29 2020, 01:08 PM
Post #5

is the event still on for Sunday? Just checking so I don't have to drive for 3 1/2 hours for nothing starting at 4 in the morning.

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S
&

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jul 29 2020, 05:25 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Nokones @ Jul 29 2020, 01:08 PM) *
is the event still on for Sunday? Just checking so I don't have to drive for 3 1/2 hours for nothing starting at 4 in the morning.

All was approved by the “powers that be”, typical special restrictions in effect.........masks at all times you’re not in your car, serious attention to social distancing, like that.

If you can, much more relaxing to drive down Saturday, spend the night, dinner, breakfast in the morning, go to event, drive home.

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jul 29 2020, 05:35 PM
Post #7

From the Sierra Vista Website.......

Due to the COVID 19, the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) has issued some regulations:
  • All Autocross events are considered " Closed Events". No Spectators. Drivers ONLY.
  • If spectators do show up, they will be asked to stay outside the fence area.
  • All participants will be required to wear a "Mask or Face Shield" at all times, except when you are in your own vehicle.
  • SCCA has recommended "no loaner helmets", therefore the SSCC will not provide helmets.
  • All participants must pre-register and bring exact cash or check, individuals at the registration table cannot give change.
  • Please bring you own pen to complete the paper-work.
  • No walk-up registrations the date of the event.
  • After the participants completes registration, the driver will wait at their car for the "Safety Tech" to complete the Safety inspection.
  • The SCCA recommends that the host club does not provide any water or snacks, SSCC will not provide cookies or water.
  • There will be a Port-A-Pot available, but use is at your "own risk".
  • No passengers are allowed, except individuals that you live with.
  • SSCC will provide hand sanitizer, bring your own anyway.
  • At all times, social distancing of 6 feet will be observed.

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
Nokones
post Jul 29 2020, 06:43 PM
Post #8

Thanks Scott.

If it wasn't for the virus thing, I would have traveled down the night before. I know that Cochise County is not a hotbed of the virus infestation but, I'm just being cautious. I would hate to miss an event if I had to self-quarantine. Traveling down and back in the same day will help me to minimize my exposure to the elements.

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S
&

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jul 29 2020, 07:01 PM
Post #9

That makes sense.

We’ve raised our “keep your hands away from your face” drill to new heights. I was not initially a fan of masks, but stupid people kept finding ways to invade my safe space, so now I’m a believer.

See you there. cool.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jul 30 2020, 04:31 PM
Post #10

Hey, I’m not sure I remember how to do this stuff.

May have to research YouTube for a refresher......... tongue.gif

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
jwharnish
post Jul 30 2020, 08:07 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 1076

QUOTE (SMeyers @ Jul 30 2020, 04:31 PM) *
Hey, I’m not sure I remember how to do this stuff.

May have to research YouTube for a refresher......... tongue.gif

First thing is safety first. That means don't run into anything like a wall or fence or course workers.

--------------------
Jim Harnish
88 CRX Si STS

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Jul 30 2020, 08:49 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (jwharnish @ Jul 30 2020, 08:07 PM) *
First thing is safety first. That means don't run into anything like a wall or fence or course workers.

I feel very safe in SV. Only AMP has that nasty “Covid-19 Dust” right outside of the course line........

Who knew?😱

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Aug 1 2020, 09:50 AM
Post #13

Wow. I had to back into my records to recall what tire pressures to run. Could not remember.

I last ran my Civic in MARCH at AMP, when it decided to develop a #3 cylinder misfire. Only got one run that day, so *February* Was the last time I really got to play properly with my car. rolleyes.gif Five months ago. Who can go five months without a car event? 😉🤔 facepalm.gif

Really looking forward to this. Thanks to all the great folks at Sierra Vista for extending the extra effort necessary to make this happen. The least we can do is support those efforts.👍😎👏

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
RiBS
post Aug 2 2020, 01:30 PM
Post #14

My phone rang will loading the van which will require my attention this afternoon. I will post the results as soon as I can but it won't be as soon as usual.

--------------------
Randy Schultz
2015 370Z F Street

+Quote Post
Nokones
post Aug 2 2020, 07:36 PM
Post #15

This was my first time at a Sierra Vista event. Phenomenal grip. The best I have seen in the 35 years that I have been doing this gig. Before I moved to Arizona last year, I've been running on Concrete.for the last 20 years or so. In the course of the 35 years doing autocrosses, I have seen all kinds of concrete surfaces throughout the country even at altitude and this surface was the best I have seen ever. Some where very abrasive, some not so grippy, and some not too shabby.

It was a joy to be back on concrete again. I brought my bone stock Corvette Grand Sport grocery Getter today. Maybe I should have brought my real autocross car since the surface was so grippy. Maybe next time.

Maybe someday, I'll figure out how to drive on asphalt again and get my real autocross dialed in for asphalt. It's a work in progress.

I enjoyed running with this club and I am looking forward to running future events with this Club. Very laid back. Speaking of future events, does anyone have any idea when the next event so I can plan accordingly?

Since, I don't know what were my times today, I am curious to see how well/lousy I compare with the hot shoes.

--------------------
--
Kenny Mitchell
Nokones@kenmitchell.com
1989 Corvette #77 CAM-S
&

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Aug 2 2020, 08:05 PM
Post #16

You nailed the many reasons I never miss a SV event. Been going there for over 30 years. Great group.

Many know that I keep my own little scoreboard of selected drivers and their times and scores. Usually top Pax, as well as my “benchmarks” for performance assessment.

Here is todays “snapshot”. Real results to follow soon, I’m sure.

PAX today....only *selected* drivers. Use Huffmans to figure others.

Huffman...29.709....26.590...1000
Rock.........32.667....27.212......977
Harnish.....33.779....27.445.....969
Meyers......35.482....27.696.....960
Sanders.....34.389....27.820....956

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
RiBS
post Aug 3 2020, 12:35 PM
Post #17

Results are loaded on the web site

--------------------
Randy Schultz
2015 370Z F Street

+Quote Post
SMeyers
post Aug 3 2020, 02:36 PM
Post #18

I always have to translate his PDF to Excel, so I can play with the numbers. Copy/paste does not work with this format for some reason.

But here is an enlarged standard PDF Document for others who may have difficulty with the very small format. At least that's how it shows here on Safari on my iMac. Yes, I do show only the best runs, in a simplified formatting. Sorry. huh.gif

Attached File  SV_Aug.pdf ( 47.58K ) Number of downloads: 58

--------------------
Scott Meyers

+Quote Post
jwharnish
post Aug 3 2020, 03:12 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 1076

QUOTE (SMeyers @ Aug 3 2020, 02:36 PM) *
I always have to translate his PDF to Excel, so I can play with the numbers. Copy/paste does not work with this format for some reason.

But here is an enlarged standard PDF Document for others who may have difficulty with the very small format. At least that's how it shows here on Safari on my iMac. Yes, I do show only the best runs, in a simplified formatting. Sorry. huh.gif

Attached File  SV_Aug.pdf ( 47.58K ) Number of downloads: 58

I like PAX based on fastest individual times better. First 4 runs tire pressure testing on concrete, second 4 runs used results of pressure check with front bar hooked up. Front bar actually helps. Hollis was correct.

--------------------
Jim Harnish
88 CRX Si STS

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th August 2020 - 10:08 AM