Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cox SMTP.Cox.net:xxxx Outgoing Mail Server
AZ Solo Forums > General Discussion > Off-Topic
SMeyers
Apparently this may be Nationwide. The Cox "Entrust Certification Authority Certificate" expired today for their outgoing email server.

Cox Email will work fine on their Website directly, but Thunderbird and other Email Clients will not send Emails from your computer due to the expired status
of the needed certificate. They can receive emails.

My question .......as Cox fires the people responsible for this and slowly addresses the issue, is...... can I override the Certificate shutdown temporarily to get the carcass working for a while?
I.E., "Trust" it?

What a pain.

Any advice appreciated.
renfield90
I would use this as a great opportunity to transfer your mail service to gmail. That way your inbox isn't tied to your ISP, when you eventually fire Cox and switch to whichever company is the first to wire fiber to your house.

That will be a glorious day. I plan to call in and cancel, but not before I explain to them how exquisitely beautiful their bill looks while on fire.
JW1
In order to encrypt the traffic between your client and the service you would need a valid cert. Just use the web browser for now
BWeikert
I'm not having this problem, so they have presumably fixed it as of about 8pm when I successfully sent an email using Thunderbird.

I just sent another one to my work email as a test, and it also seems to have worked just fine.
SMeyers
QUOTE (BWeikert @ Jun 16 2015, 01:09 AM) *
I'm not having this problem, so they have presumably fixed it as of about 8pm when I successfully sent an email using Thunderbird.

I just sent another one to my work email as a test, and it also seems to have worked just fine.

Yes, all better now. Surprisingly fast for Cox. All I have left now are the ongoing (8+ months) random "Your password is incorrect" and "Cannot send due to ......." messages.

I think Manfred might be right. rolleyes.gif
renfield90
I usually am wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.