Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2015 VW GTI
AZ Solo Forums > General Discussion > Classing/Category Discussion
Scott Urich
Click to view attachment
What should I class her in?......Iím just joking sheís staying a Grocery Street car lol.....what do you guys think?
SMeyers
QUOTE (Scott Urich @ Mar 30 2019, 10:29 PM) *
What should I class her in?......Iím just joking sheís staying a Grocery Street car lol.....what do you guys think?

Wait....... this is an ADDITION, or a REPLACEMENT? I'm confused (easily). ohmy.gif
Scott Urich
QUOTE (SMeyers @ Mar 31 2019, 08:47 AM) *
QUOTE (Scott Urich @ Mar 30 2019, 10:29 PM) *

Wait....... this is an ADDITION, or a REPLACEMENT? I'm confused (easily). ohmy.gif

Replacement mk5 was dead
SMeyers
QUOTE (Scott Urich @ Mar 31 2019, 03:44 PM) *
Replacement..... mk5 was dead

Wow. Was it related to that oil leak from last month? Or did something go ďKa-powĒ?

That just seems so.....extreme.

Care to share any particulars, or is the memory too painful? 😢😢😢

And, are you sure this wonít be faster?😎
Scott Urich
QUOTE (SMeyers @ Mar 31 2019, 06:25 PM) *
QUOTE (Scott Urich @ Mar 31 2019, 03:44 PM) *
Replacement..... mk5 was dead

Wow. Was it related to that oil leak from last month? Or did something go ďKa-powĒ?

That just seems so.....extreme.

Care to share any particulars, or is the memory too painful? 😢😢😢

And, are you sure this wonít be faster?😎

I had blown rear main seal, the chain stretch was really bad on the timing chain and had be done, the steering rack needed to be replaced it was going to be over 3k repairs. That car had a salvage title and just wasnít worth that kind of money to fix. Time to step up and go a little faster in class. Who am I kidding Iím a slow driver😝, I need all the aid I can get 😂
Project.D
Wow... so this is what happens when you ditch a Miata for a GTI huh? Iím surprised that one had so many problems, it seemed like it was in such nice shape!
Scott Urich
QUOTE (Project.D @ Mar 31 2019, 08:26 PM) *
Wow... so this is what happens when you ditch a Miata for a GTI huh? Iím surprised that one had so many problems, it seemed like it was in such nice shape!

Lmao (the answer is always Miata)
It was in good shape but when I had the pcv valve blow on the top of the motor back in January it caused a cascade effect of problems namely it causes the rear main seal to blow out; I was anticipating doing the timing chain but after the rear main seal it just didnít make financial sense to spend that much money on a car that was only going to worth the same as I was going to have to put into it. Plus Iím a VW fan boy and Iíve been wanting to get a mk7 gti for awhile anyways. Plus I work hard at work so I can have some toys.
SMeyers
Hopefully some of your special parts will fit the new ride?

Wheels, sway bar, etc....?🤔
Scott Urich
QUOTE (SMeyers @ Mar 31 2019, 11:06 PM) *
Hopefully some of your special parts will fit the new ride?

Wheels, sway bar, etc....?🤔

Wheels are going to be able to fit but not the rear sway bar but this car is already stiffer then the old car and I donít have to replace suspension, itís a much more sorted car out of the box
Project.D
QUOTE (Scott Urich @ Mar 31 2019, 08:56 PM) *
It was in good shape but when I had the pcv valve blow on the top of the motor back in January it caused a cascade effect of problems namely it causes the rear main seal to blow out; I was anticipating doing the timing chain but after the rear main seal it just didnít make financial sense to spend that much money on a car that was only going to worth the same as I was going to have to put into it. Plus Iím a VW fan boy and Iíve been wanting to get a mk7 gti for awhile anyways. Plus I work hard at work so I can have some toys.

Well, canít fault you there. That MK7 looks good in red. Now there just needs to be a Fahrenheit edition in orange like the MK5.
Scott Urich
QUOTE (Project.D @ Apr 1 2019, 08:15 AM) *
QUOTE (Scott Urich @ Mar 31 2019, 08:56 PM) *

Well, canít fault you there. That MK7 looks good in red. Now there just needs to be a Fahrenheit edition in orange like the MK5.

I was bored last night so I put the wheels and decals on to see what it would look like for Fontana
SMeyers
Very nice. Hope itís as fast as it looks....😉😎👍
APEXLVR
Scott, I know how to make that car a pretty wicked GS car and still be awesome for 1000mi road trips. We need to talk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.