Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Insurance required for trailers
AZ Solo Forums > General Discussion > Off-Topic
edgary
Hello all,

I know that trailers can get permanent license plates (if non-commercial and under certain load weight) but I'm wondering about insurance also. Have any of you with trailers added insurance for their trailers or is it not required?
edgary
Anyone?
BWeikert
QUOTE (edgary @ Apr 7 2019, 05:22 PM) *
Anyone?

It's been a long time since I had a trailer and towed, but per my insurance agent and policy back then, it was covered by my auto insurance while it was being towed, and by my homeowners insurance when at my house.

Check with your agent to see if your policy is the same.
SSLance
QUOTE (BWeikert @ Apr 8 2019, 09:58 PM) *
QUOTE (edgary @ Apr 7 2019, 05:22 PM) *
Anyone?

It's been a long time since I had a trailer and towed, but per my insurance agent and policy back then, it was covered by my auto insurance while it was being towed, and by my homeowners insurance when at my house.

Check with your agent to see if your policy is the same.

That is my understanding as well... IF it is an expensive trailer, might want to check on the coverage limits on homeowners policy.
edgary
Thank you both.

This is for a trailer that is registered in Mexico, just coming for a weekend, and my question was more along the lines of whether insurance would be needed for those 2-3 days. It seems not, so I think we're good.

Thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.