Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire Rack banner ad
AZ Solo Forums > General Discussion > AZ Region Solo Sponsors
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Ben Clement
AZSolo.com has elected to participate in Tire Rack's affiliate program. For any purchases you make at tirerack.com through clicking one of the forum links, the club will receive a check for a percentage of the purchase price. This will NOT affect the price you pay in any way!

How it works:
- The banner ads are cookie-based. If you have cookies turned off, we get no credit for your purchase.
- From the time you first click the banner ad, any purchase made from the same computer within 60 days will count. If you click the link on one computer then order on another (without clicking the link again), we do not get credit.
- Any purchase on tirerack.com counts - tires, wheel, shocks, etc. Purchases made over the phone do not count (see the one exception below).

Attention Street Touring drivers! The only way to order shaved street tires is over the phone, however I have worked out an arrangement to still get credit for these. If you order a set of shaved street tires, please PM/email me your name and order number, and I will forward it to the contact at Tire Rack who will give us credit.

Any feedback you have on the program or how it's implemented would be appreciated.
Buzz65
Awesome! I ordered shocks from them but they're not ready yet. They've not yet been charged to my account. Can we get these included? I'll click the link 100 times if it'll help! biggrin.gif
Clint Child
QUOTE (Buzz65 @ Mar 18 2010, 05:54 PM) *
Awesome! I ordered shocks from them but they're not ready yet. They've not yet been charged to my account. Can we get these included? I'll click the link 100 times if it'll help! biggrin.gif

Maybe Ben could try and get them to give us credit us for that if you PM him your order number.
wannagofaster
Maybe we could do a group purchase and save a little $$$ somehow? Maybe not. We sure spend a lot of money there... rolleyes.gif
srt-4 me
Dang!! I just bought wheels/tires like 2 days ago. Is there some way to make it count towards azsolo?
HHz28
Alright we are sellouts!
Ben Clement
QUOTE (srt-4 me @ Mar 18 2010, 09:09 PM) *
Dang!! I just bought wheels/tires like 2 days ago. Is there some way to make it count towards azsolo?

Afraid not, sorry I didn't get it up sooner!
Brad McCann
QUOTE (Ben Clement @ Mar 18 2010, 11:36 PM) *

That's what she said.
srt-4 me
QUOTE (Brad McCann @ Mar 18 2010, 11:54 PM) *
QUOTE (Ben Clement @ Mar 18 2010, 11:36 PM) *

That's what she said.

Awkward.... blink.gif
Spuds
I'm going to be the first to jump on this! 5 tires on the way!

Just FYI, this program has the potential to bring in the cash the club needs to relieve the financial pressure that we'll been experiencing from the economic downturn. It will help keep our entry fees low even though our attendance has sagged and also help offset some of the cost of our banquets and expenses like insurance and the cost of a new truck.

So, please support this program. It's probably one of the only programs of it's kind where your support comes back to you so directly. Tire Rack has always been an awesome sponsor of the Solo program and for them to give back to us in this way is pretty amazing.

Thanks go to everyone that's worked to make this happen. Brian, Kevin, Ben, Clint, and Beth have all had a significant hand in getting this program off the ground here. Thank them when you see them.
Mykul
I wish I had the money. Maybe later.
Kevin O Neill
I just wish it had been up a day earlier: four R tires for SD.
wannagofaster
It's going to be tire time for this guy pretty soon, so guess what!?! tongue.gif
j0oftheworld
Thinking of picking up some 15x9 TR Motorsports + R-tires for my new ride soon..
Will support the club/banner ad!

wub.gif

Kevin G
QUOTE (j0oftheworld @ Mar 19 2010, 03:19 PM) *
my new ride

details!
Buzz65
I know what the new ride is... It's pretty cool!

I guess if I'm going to get Dunlops...I'll do it before the time expires on this.
Mike Rogers
QUOTE (Buzz65 @ Mar 19 2010, 06:50 PM) *
I guess if I'm going to get Dunlops...I'll do it before the time expires on this.

<perk> New Dunlops? Ruh Roh!!
Brad McCann
How long do you feel this will last for?
berny2435
I saw the banner before but now I don't ? unsure.gif On work computer so maybe that's what wrong.. . Don't even know if I can change cookies but I think I have them on b/c certain information saves and what not. Forced to used stupid IE 6.0 SP3 BLAH! irritating.
CruiseDirector
QUOTE (Brad McCann @ Mar 19 2010, 07:40 PM) *
How long do you feel this will last for?

This is an ongoing program with Tire Rack that we are participating in. No expiration. They get a little advertisement, you buy tires, the club gets a little $$.
smile.gif
Easy.
It's a win all around.
Ben Clement
QUOTE (berny2435 @ Mar 20 2010, 08:44 AM) *
I saw the banner before but now I don't ? unsure.gif On work computer so maybe that's what wrong..

I actually can't see it at work and the link is blocked. sad.gif order from home!
Clint Child
LOL.

Works here just fine.
e46tuner
wish i would have known earlier. i just ordered brake pads and rotors.

that would be cool if we got a discount, im sure we all buy a lot of stuff from there.
2bav8
I'll be buying a set in a week or two via the banner.
DoubleTrouble
$100 AE card back from TR if you buy a set of RE-11 tires from stock.....

Don't forget to use the banner.....

LarryB
flmjr
When I click on the Tire Rack banner ad I get the message that Firefox cannot find www.qksrv.net.

Is there a way to get around this?

Frank
cwmizner
QUOTE (flmjr @ Apr 1 2010, 07:51 PM) *
When I click on the Tire Rack banner ad I get the message that Firefox cannot find www.qksrv.net.

Frank

click harder
BWeikert
QUOTE (flmjr @ Apr 1 2010, 08:51 PM) *

Frank

Just tried it with Firefox and worked fine, so try it again, maybe it was just one of those temporary 'internet' glitches.
2bav8
$100 AE card back from TR if you buy a set of RE-11 tires

And I wonder how those would do on a 15x8 rim smile.gif
DoubleTrouble
QUOTE (2bav8 @ Apr 1 2010, 11:37 PM) *

I'll let you know.
wannagofaster
QUOTE (DoubleTrouble @ Apr 2 2010, 06:42 AM) *
QUOTE (2bav8 @ Apr 1 2010, 11:37 PM) *

I'll let you know.

At $97.00 each for a 205/50/15, that's like one free! Wow... smile.gif
kvenisn
Bump, should this be a sticky?
Clint Child
QUOTE (kvenisn @ May 4 2010, 06:03 PM) *
Bump, should this be a sticky?

Plan was to add it to the sponsor section once the hype died down, it's probably about that time.
Clint Child
Presto Chango tongue.gif
Solo
Wheels and tires ordered for the Miata via the link. beer.gif
wannagofaster
Hankooks on the way. Do I get a rebate??? laugh.gif tongue.gif
Ben Clement
No, but thanks for the purchase. smile.gif
beast
I just ordered some Dunlops from TireRack, but i wasn't able to find a banner or any kind of ad on the site anywhere (forum or the regular site). Did i not look hard enough? Is there a way to get the site credit for my order after the fact?
Clint Child
QUOTE (beast @ Jul 28 2010, 10:06 PM) *
I just ordered some Dunlops from TireRack, but i wasn't able to find a banner or any kind of ad on the site anywhere (forum or the regular site). Did i not look hard enough? Is there a way to get the site credit for my order after the fact?

It's the "tire rack" add at the top of OUR site. You click on that and it takes you to tire rack and automatically gives the club credit for any purchases you make.
Ben Clement

Also, this would have been a good question to ask before the tire purchase, not after. wink.gif
beast
QUOTE (Clint Child @ Jul 29 2010, 05:29 AM) *

It's the "tire rack" add at the top of OUR site. You click on that and it takes you to tire rack and automatically gives the club credit for any purchases you make.

I see no ad anywhere on the site:
Click to view attachment

or on the forum:
Click to view attachment

I see the chasecam ad, but that's always there, i've never seen a Tire Rack ad there (or anything other than Chase Cam actually, are they supposed to rotate or something?). I reloaded a few dozen times to make sure i wasn't just missing it.

That made me think that the site wasn't participating in the program anymore. My brother suggested i ask about it, so here i am.

Btw, i don't see the ad in either Safari or Firefox. I'm on a Mac if that matters.
Ben Clement
Well crap, I didn't realize that. tongue.gif Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and in the dropdown by the RSS image, change your skin to "IPB 2.2.0 Default".

When I added the banner I thought it had gone to every skin, but I guess not! Thanks for pointing it out.
beast
Well crap, i didn't even realize i was using a different skin. The only option i have now is "IPB 2.2.0 Default", and i do see the banner now (as well as the AZ Region logo, which apparently wasn't there before).

Sorry for the confusion. =P
Ben Clement
QUOTE (beast @ Jul 29 2010, 11:04 AM) *
Well crap, i didn't even realize i was using a different skin. The only option i have now is "IPB 2.2.0 Default", and i do see the banner now (as well as the AZ Region logo, which apparently wasn't there before).

Rather than go change all the skins available, I just made this the only skin available. tongue.gif
Clint Child
QUOTE (Ben Clement @ Jul 29 2010, 01:55 PM) *

Rather than go change all the skins available, I just made this the only skin available. tongue.gif

great, as I soon as I found out there were skins avail and find a new one you go and take it away.
BWeikert
QUOTE (Ben Clement @ Jul 29 2010, 02:55 PM) *

FYI, I don't get the banner ad on this skin, or any other skin (I can use whichever one I want.. pllbbt!). I do remember seeing the ad when it was first added to the site, so I don't know why I'm not seeing it now.
Dave Munsey
Well I don't have anything fancy here. Just Internet Explorer 7 , and I can see the banner ad with no problems. I have tried other browsers but never liked any of them more than Internet Explorer.
SMeyers
Firefox 3.6.8 (newest) and Safari 5.0 (newest) on Mac OS 10.5.8 ........ banner shows at all times.

They do not make an IE for Mac's anymore.......... happy.gif No loss. laugh.gif
Clint Child
Google Chrome shows it.
Ben Clement
Pre-nationals bump - if you're buying tires for Lincoln, please remember to use the link! If you're calling in to buy shaved street tires over the phone, send me the order number and we can still get credit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.